Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
PSDave

Location: Buena Park, CA. Lat: 33.851° Lon: -118.025° El:047'
Satellite Prep "F-connector" ... where does it go?

I couldn't find where the satellite-input connector winds up in the coach, so I thought 'd ask for help.

Hooking up a 75 ohm short to the outside connector, I went hunting for the wire. Couldn't find it inside. I found the Winegard out wire, and the TV input wire. I don't want to run analog to my HDTV, so using RF coax or analog RCA plugs is not an option. Where is the other end of that external coax?
If I find it, it goes to the Direct TV satellite receiver, then HDMI to my TV!
Your help is greatly appreciated.
PSDave

2010 Cougar 26SAB X-Lite 5er, 2x Honda 2000i, 2x Kiocera 85W solar, 40A Xantrex reg.
-----
'06-6.0 F-250 PSD AOD, CC, 4x4 SB
AirRaid intake
BANKS Six-Gun iQ (pre-turbo Pyro)
BANKS Monster Diesel Dual Exhaust
BANKS SPEED BRAKE
SNOW Performance Stage 3 MPG-MAX Meth/Water injection (with another pre-turbo Pyro!)
Ride-Rite Air Bags (wireless)
Gear Vendors OVER/UNDER DRIVE
OilGuard bypass oil filtration system
Pullrite 18K Super Glide (auto) Hitch
Retrax bed cover
Otherwise Mostly Stock
PSDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I can't say for sure but, I remember reading on another forum that it is in the wall behind the cable connection in the main ent. center. The cable was disconnected and the sat connected to the female F connector. If memory serves me ... the cables are different colors or tagged. I'm guessing that is where it splits to the bedroom also. Like I said .... I'm not sure but it is worth a peek behind the plate to see. My trailer is not sat. preped so I can't check it .
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:00 AM   #3
soundman
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave View Post
I couldn't find where the satellite-input connector winds up in the coach, so I thought 'd ask for help.

Hooking up a 75 ohm short to the outside connector, I went hunting for the wire. Couldn't find it inside. I found the Winegard out wire, and the TV input wire. I don't want to run analog to my HDTV, so using RF coax or analog RCA plugs is not an option. Where is the other end of that external coax?
If I find it, it goes to the Direct TV satellite receiver, then HDMI to my TV!
Your help is greatly appreciated.
PSDave
There should be an access point/panel at the entertainment center, in that access should be a plate with the connection.
I had a heck of a time tracing mine.

Good Luck
soundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
Jim W

Hi,
I had to install my own Satellite connection in my camper, I placed it in the entrainment center. This was installed on the driver side slide and the "F" style connector was put it in the floor. This way it is out of site and I would not damage the outside walls when drilling. The connection point is also protected to weather since it is pointing down and under the coach.
The radio was removed from the cabinet and the satellite wire was run through the cabinet to the side wall. I then followed the other wires to the TV and rerouted the out side antenna wire to the the satellite receiver. This way every thing is hooked up like a home installation.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:59 AM   #5
PSDave

Location: Buena Park, CA. Lat: 33.851° Lon: -118.025° El:047'
Satellite remote access on outside.

Well, thanks everyone. I could tell by the tone of the comments I would have to pull away the wall.
What I found was white and orange coax, a "T" or splitter and a shorted F-connector (braid to center on one of the screw-on F's).
So, after stretching the wire, I found the orange comes from the outside, splits one side to the bedroom, the other side to the entertainment center (thats where the short was ... sloppy job of stripping and attaching connector) and goes to the 2 bottom F-connector female sockets.
The bottom jack is the one that feeds the TV, so there is where I connect my satellite box output coax. The top female is a short run to the Winegard antenna/amplifier, [and the short U-shaped coax completes the circuit from the Winegard to the TV.]

So, when using SAT input, OFF comes the U-coax, and I jack into the bottom connector. When using the off-air antenna, ON goes the U-coax.

It was the shorted cable that did me in.

PSDave

2010 Cougar 26SAB X-Lite 5er, 2x Honda 2000i, 2x Kiocera 85W solar, 40A Xantrex reg.
-----
'06-6.0 F-250 PSD AOD, CC, 4x4 SB
AirRaid intake
BANKS Six-Gun iQ (pre-turbo Pyro)
BANKS Monster Diesel Dual Exhaust
BANKS SPEED BRAKE
SNOW Performance Stage 3 MPG-MAX Meth/Water injection (with another pre-turbo Pyro!)
Ride-Rite Air Bags (wireless)
Gear Vendors OVER/UNDER DRIVE
OilGuard bypass oil filtration system
Pullrite 18K Super Glide (auto) Hitch
Retrax bed cover
Otherwise Mostly Stock
PSDave is offline   Reply With Quote