Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2021, 06:01 AM   #10
Uzelessknowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Just suggesting thinking a bit out of the box. We have all seen on this and other forums posters that don't want a 3500 over a 2500 because of it's size. They are the same size, just one has more capacity.
I believe that Long Beds give a better ride both loaded and unloaded, just a thought for a daily driver, also JMO/YMMV.

I had a choice when I was still working, either an open lot or a parking garage, I used the open lot for no particular reason. Then one day it was snowing when I drove to work, so I tried the garage to save scrapping snow at the end of the day, never went back to the lot!! I will confess that this garage had angled parking, but still tight turns.

I know the OP is looking at going from a 1500 to a 2500/3500 so there is a slight size increase, but a tape measure will tell him the real difference. I also know that the OP needs to get what work for him, not what I or anyone else suggest, but the options need to be suggested.
When we went from a 2001 Ram Quad Cab to a 2016 Ram Crew Cab this was the difference in length.
Thanks. Yes, please keep the suggestions coming. Hearing and learning from others is very beneficial is anything.

This discussion has quickly turned me to a 1 ton. It now comes down to the parking garage. Mine is spacious with wide lanes and wide turns in 90%. My issue will be height. I have to go see what the height is. Can’t remember.
However we have an entrance on the top level and there is often parking available. At least on the slope.

Both the 2500 or 3500 would be about 2 feet longer from my calculations. Length should be good.

Because of the past year I’m lucky to work from home and right now my boss says I can stay there. It’s just the every now and then when I would have to go in for something. Otherwise I’m golden.

Thank you for your learnings.
Uzelessknowledge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, silverado