Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2020, 12:25 PM   #11
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiller47 View Post
Our new 2020 Cougar Half Ton 26RBS @ 6500# blew out a tire on our second trip. We had gone fewer than 2,000 miles and had a blow out on the I10 in Texas. We fishtailed back and forth, but always kept control. No one on the road with us. Dumped nearly everything on the floor from the kitchen and bathroom. The TV swung out and broke the Velcro strap. We were able to drive about 45 minutes to the next town for an emergency tire change. We got all new tires in Kerrville, TX at Discount Tires. In my opinion, the Trailer King tires we got should not have passed inspection. It reminded me of the Bridgestone/Firestone debacle about twenty years ago. It is not an uncommon practice to replace the "China Bombs" immediately with an upgraded tire.
Stories like this help me know I made the right choice!
Brantel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires