Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2017, 06:53 AM   #11
ken56

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Greenie, I see your side of the issue. $225,000 over ten years per job created is a lot of public money. Let me take the opposing side for just a minute. (Yes, I have done that more than once) When a tourist dollar comes to Memphis it is turned over between 2.5 and 3.5 times trickling down before it's life comes to an end. Tourists are very, very important to our city. Yes, I do realize that tourism promotes minimum wage jobs. By the same token we spend an extraordinary amount of public money to further expand the finances of billionaires across this country by building massive sporting facilities and these businesses promote what in employment? Yes, minimum wage jobs. The 13,000 individuals employed by this company will be buying new homes, school clothes, vacations to visit Elvis' mansion in Memphis (a little humor) and new vehicles. And I haven't even mentioned the 30,000 or so associated jobs created from the trickle down effect. In my opinion Wisconsinites have landed a gem, not a rock. Many, many cities in this country and other countries would jump at the same chance.
Spot on with your analysis. I live in the Pigeon Forge area and while most jobs are of the minimum wage nature that tourist dollar makes its rounds and goes a long way.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires