Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2023, 09:12 AM   #1
eggs1959

Crack in non slide side of new Fuzion 373

Ok so getting ready to take our new 2023 373 out for our first trip ever and thought I would wash it before the trip. Doing a walk around I was shocked to see a crack in left front sidewall. Unit was ordered from factory at Hershey RV show and only has been towed 110 miles from dealer to my home when I picked it up. On phone with Keystone to see if it can even be safely used for our trip to Myrtle Beach. Guess we are going to see how well Keystone stands behind their product. Anyone ever hear of cracks developing on non slide side of unit from just sitting. Crack was not there when we did our PDI. Frustrated is an understatement
eggs1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 09:29 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggs1959 View Post
Ok so getting ready to take our new 2023 373 out for our first trip ever and thought I would wash it before the trip. Doing a walk around I was shocked to see a crack in left front sidewall. Unit was ordered from factory at Hershey RV show and only has been towed 110 miles from dealer to my home when I picked it up. On phone with Keystone to see if it can even be safely used for our trip to Myrtle Beach. Guess we are going to see how well Keystone stands behind their product. Anyone ever hear of cracks developing on non slide side of unit from just sitting. Crack was not there when we did our PDI. Frustrated is an understatement
Ernie, I believe you will have better luck getting Keystone to repair this crack if you work through the selling dealer and have them document and put the claim forward. Calling directly isn't likely to get much help (I think). Also, take some pictures and post and you may find someone else who has had this issue or has had it repaired for some perspective.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 11:21 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Where is the crack? I assume it’s vertical. What hitch are you using, it may be a frame issue.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 11:47 AM   #4
eggs1959

Demco 20 k hitch. I am thinking frame weld allowed flex and stress crack
Old 03-31-2023, 11:51 AM   #5
eggs1959

Keystone advised to seal with silicone to prevent water intrusion. Going back to dealer for other warranty items on April 28 th. They will determine if it can be repaired at their level or if factory needs to fix. Keeping fingers crossed that their body shop can fix. Hoping trip first time out doesn’t reveal more issues. Main thing I wanted was confirmation from manufacturer that it can be used and it is documented. My 2019 369 had a small crack that dealer was able to repair. Hoping this one can be fixed at dealer level too.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:53 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Take lots of pictures and send them to the selling dealer and Keystone. I totally get your frustration, but I would try to keep it civil as long as you can.

Keystone will refer you to a dealer and it will be up to them to be your advocate for warranty repair.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion, rack, slide