Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
pkemmerlin

Wet Carpet 2012 Cougar High Country

We took our camper out for the first time this weekend. It was late when we arrived to the campground so we just did what was necessary to stay the night. The next day we had a good bit of rain. After the rain stopped we pulled the slides in to add some blocks under the tires to level. We pulled the slides back out and everything was fine. Later that day we had a heavy down pour and the carpet at the end of the dining table slide was wet. I also noticed the carpet under the Kitchen sofa was wet. The camper was not exactly level we had a little lean to the Kitchen side. I was thinking maybe the rubber didn’t seal when we pulled it back in. Any Ideals?

We also had to replace the fuse for the slide outs. The slide outs would not work from the control panel only the remote. We replaced the fuse and all is good.

We also have the same problem with the Dining table rubbing the cabinet.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Handysam

I'm thinking, and correct me if I'm wrong, the fact that the camper was not level side to side, that it would be possible for water to enter from the high side, IF the seals were rolled or something. I think at the next opportunity I would take a hose and try to simulate the heavy rain at the suspected leak area, with maybe one person outside and one person inside to check for the leak. The fuses on the slide outs are very finicky to amperage. I always make sure I am plugged into shore power before operating the slides. Our 327 kitchen/dining table rubs our counter when the slides are closed and traveling, we fold a bath towel and sandwich it in between before travel. Happy Camping, Sam
Old 02-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
golfpro

we were at a RV show last weekend and I pulled in the slide on the 321RES we were looking at. the table comes to within 1/2 inch of the island and I think this may be a serious problem, will have to talk to our dealer about this and see if he can come up with a solution.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
JimEli

We had a similar situation with our 321 on the aft driver side. I thought it was due to a rain storm we endured too. We later repeated the problem in dry weather, and it turned out to be a broken fresh water tank port. The carpet was soaked, not simply damp.

The table WILL rub the kitchen island during transport. The basic solution is to put padding between them during transport and check at each stop.
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

You may not have a problem at all. If it was raining before you moved the slides in to level your RV, there was probably water on the slide roof. Once it was inside and you moved the RV up and down to level it, the water could have run down the slide side, puddled on the carpet and over the next hour or so, soaked out to a "noticeable wet spot". If I were you, I'd check the slide seals, and if they look OK, I would enjoy the RV and wait until the next rain and check closely. If it's dry, chock it up to an unlucky time to level the RV, but if it's wet, then get serious about checking further. Chances are good that you will be OK and the wet spot was only there because of moving the slice in while the roof was wet...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
pkemmerlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You may not have a problem at all. If it was raining before you moved the slides in to level your RV, there was probably water on the slide roof. Once it was inside and you moved the RV up and down to level it, the water could have run down the slide side, puddled on the carpet and over the next hour or so, soaked out to a "noticeable wet spot". If I were you, I'd check the slide seals, and if they look OK, I would enjoy the RV and wait until the next rain and check closely. If it's dry, chock it up to an unlucky time to level the RV, but if it's wet, then get serious about checking further. Chances are good that you will be OK and the wet spot was only there because of moving the slice in while the roof was wet...
That is what I was thinking might have happened. We love the camper!