Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2022, 01:33 PM   #41
KarenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadia View Post
It's Superbowl Sunday right? Think I'll defrost the fridge and mop the floors instead
lol, Tried to watch a movie (mystic river) on my laptop but DH had the volume too loud on the TV so went upstairs to my sewing room. Came down when it was over right before the halftime show (big mistake). Won a couple squares that he had bought me...bonus!
Past
2006 Springdale 280 FWIKL-GL
1997 Jayco 253
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:56 PM   #42
Mikendebbie

Olympics on NBC? From China? No Thankyou.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:27 PM   #43
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
We just finished watching "Antique Roadshow" on PBS. Talk about bottom of the barrel....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:23 PM   #44
gearhead

Quote:
Yeah that's a bad combination.
I haven't watched a minute of it.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:37 PM   #45
sourdough
Site Team

Olympics? Is it time for that? Nope, not seen a thing. Someone was also telling me that the Super Bowl was supposed be sometime soon....anybody hear anything about that?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:21 PM   #46
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Olympics? Is it time for that? Nope, not seen a thing. Someone was also telling me that the Super Bowl was supposed be sometime soon....anybody hear anything about that?
DW and I were at our oldest daughter's hose last night, mainly for the food and to see them. Her and her husband are at the opposite end of the political spectrum from me and my DW. Her in-laws share our views. They have a " no political" talk in their house, mainly because her FIL used to get carried away with teasing them.

During the half time "show" our DD and SIL were talking about the "map" they were dancing on being a map of LA. I seriously asked "Do you think they used satellite imagery to make that?". The both agreed it likely was because it was "so detailed". I said "Wow look at the detail, you can see the ties on that railroad track!" They agreed with a look of awe in their faces. They had swallowed the bait so I set the hook.

I said "Wait a minute, theres no trash on the tracks from looting or groups of tents on the street. They must have used some old airiale photos from when Regan was govenor." I thought our daughter's father-in-law was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard. At that point we were ready to leave anyway.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:34 PM   #47
chuckster57
Site Team

Marshall, your a bad, very bad man!!!

I almost spit out my adult beverage from laughing, thank you.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:29 AM   #48
Mikendebbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
During the half time "show" our DD and SIL were talking about the "map" they were dancing on being a map of LA. I seriously asked "Do you think they used satellite imagery to make that?". The both agreed it likely was because it was "so detailed". I said "Wow look at the detail, you can see the ties on that railroad track!" They agreed with a look of awe in their faces. They had swallowed the bait so I set the hook.

I said "Wait a minute, theres no trash on the tracks from looting or groups of tents on the street. They must have used some old airiale photos from when Regan was govenor." I thought our daughter's father-in-law was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard. At that point we were ready to leave anyway.
I think the map was a nighttime aerial pic so it would be hard to see the tents. I guess the campfires were scrubbed from the photo. When halftime was over I asked DW “What was that?” She did not get it either. I knew who the big 3 stars were but I was not familiar with their music, and none of my 3 millennial kids listened either…otherwise I would know. Someone on Fox characterized it as “greatest hits for millennials”…maybe so. These days I have a much deeper understanding for why my Mom and Dad thought I had gone to hell spending my yard mowing money on my first two albums Steppenwolf The Second and Led Zeppelin II.
Old 02-15-2022, 04:26 AM   #49
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
I think the map was a nighttime aerial pic so it would be hard to see the tents. I guess the campfires were scrubbed from the photo. When halftime was over I asked DW “What was that?” She did not get it either. I knew who the big 3 stars were but I was not familiar with their music, and none of my 3 millennial kids listened either…otherwise I would know. Someone on Fox characterized it as “greatest hits for millennials”…maybe so. These days I have a much deeper understanding for why my Mom and Dad thought I had gone to hell spending my yard mowing money on my first two albums Steppenwolf The Second and Led Zeppelin II.
Two good first albums IMHO our daughter (38 yr old) and her 40 yr old husband knew the songs and were as excited as I would have been had it been a "Woodstock" reunion. Yeah, my parents couldn't understand why I listened to The Who, Zepplin, Sabath, Hendricks, Cream, etc. either. The only thing I liked were the cars and I was yelling at the TV for the guy to get off the hood! Guess I've turned into my father may he RIP.
Old 02-15-2022, 05:44 AM   #50
Mikendebbie

"The only thing I liked were the cars and I was yelling at the TV for the guy to get off the hood! "

I noticed that also...maybe they fabricated some temporary hoods that would take the abuse. Unfortunately I compare all halftime shows against the greatest show in the world...goose bumps, smiles, tears and chills evetime I see it!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-02-15_7-43-02.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	38374  
Old 02-15-2022, 06:03 AM   #51
jasin1

Quote:
"The only thing I liked were the cars and I was yelling at the TV for the guy to get off the hood! "

I noticed that also...maybe they fabricated some temporary hoods that would take the abuse. Unfortunately I compare all halftime shows against the greatest show in the world...goose bumps, smiles, tears and chills evetime I see it!

YES!!…I was thinking the exact same thing….I said maybe they painted different hoods for the cars just for the show…

I was like WTF why would you let someone climb on there and with boots no less

I imagined the choreographer saying “ find some locals that have some really nice cars”

“Ask them if they want to have them in the super bowl show ….just as scenery” … “tell them we will give them $100 and they can brag their car was on tv”
Old 02-15-2022, 06:16 AM   #52
flybouy
Site Team

At least they weren't wearing cleats. I was thinking they would run the hydraulics and start bouncing them. I think they were props, you know, fake, like all the VIPs they kept showing maskless. Not meant to offend any SB lovers, just my opinion. I was a fan of football years ago, not for the last 10 years though.
Old 02-15-2022, 07:11 AM   #53
German Shepherd Guy

I watch the Biathlon. The Norwegians and the Swedes and Fins rule. For awhile we were in 4th place but eventually fell back. That they can race so hard and then shoot so well offhand, with open sites, amazing. When I was younger I used to compete in the International Muzzle Loading Biathlon held in Steamboat Springs Colorado for many years. Nothing more fun than shooting a flint-lock rifle in the snow while racing! Well to be honest there's lots of things more FUN but was definitely a challenge.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 01:08 PM   #54
spade117

Pretty much watched almost all of the curling matches for mixed doubles, all of the men's and women's USA matches and the medal matches. Watched all as replays on the peacock app, which pretty much meant almost no commercials.

Watched a few minutes of other events here and there.

Also watched the super bowl. The halftime show was good, but not great. I am not a crotchety old man (yet), but I do understand the disdain for certain types of music/people. I like most music, but rap/hip-hop is by far my favorite, and those artists were/are some of my favorites from my teenage years. I was expecting more. Quite a few friends around the same age as I were saying it was the best halftime show ever. I disagreed.

I was also underwhelmed by the commercials this year. Very few stood out.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:05 PM   #55
Ram Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade117 View Post
Pretty much watched almost all of the curling matches for mixed doubles, all of the men's and women's USA matches and the medal matches. Watched all as replays on the peacock app, which pretty much meant almost no commercials.

Watched a few minutes of other events here and there.

Also watched the super bowl. The halftime show was good, but not great. I am not a crotchety old man (yet), but I do understand the disdain for certain types of music/people. I like most music, but rap/hip-hop is by far my favorite, and those artists were/are some of my favorites from my teenage years. I was expecting more. Quite a few friends around the same age as I were saying it was the best halftime show ever. I disagreed.

I was also underwhelmed by the commercials this year. Very few stood out.
I have to give you credit about your true feelings and also saying what you feel. I do have to give mine also. I must be getting close to the crotchety old man syndrome. I just can't for the life of me feel obligated to watch sports where million dollar players kneel for our national anthem nor watch sports being played in a country that disrespects their people like China. And I sure as Heck will not watch or listen to rap singers who hate cops perform either. But what the heck it's a free country and that's what makes America great. Anyway Sir I do respect your honesty and i hope it's ok to disagree with you because it seems on most forums if you tell the truth you're ostracized from then on. Anyway good luck to you.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:44 PM   #56
wegone

Well it looks like NBC suffered greatly in ratings, viewership.

It's sad that political/social beliefs have usurped the value of sportsmanship and dedication in the athletic world.

Look how many poor and minority athletes were able to advance their economic hardship, by accessing sporting events.

I guess it's like going to buy an ice cream, or seasoning, and having the vendor say you must agree with their politics if you want to buy their product.

Seems to me it's very similar in thinking and nature as to why many folks left Europe, to find freedom, in a budding new nation called America.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 04:18 PM   #57
notanlines

Can I assume we’re headed to human rights and the World Cup being held in Qatar? Yeah , what’s 8,000 lives in the name of sports?
I believe it’s getting pretty warm in here…..and, by the way, what IS a handbasket?
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 04:30 PM   #58
wiredgeorge

Golllllleeee! I am pretty sure no one cares which sports events I watch or don't watch so will leave it at that. Definitely won't watch any where the over paid participants kneel or otherwise show disrespect to the flag and National Anthem. I am old, grumpy and I stand for God, my family and my country and do my best to serve all three. I ain't never gonna be rich or good looking but I sleep well (and obviously eat well).

I have opinions about most things, and music included but I am also fairly sure no one gives a darn so will just end it here although Bob Wills is still the KING!

2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 06:13 PM   #59
sourdough
Site Team

Folks we are again veering away from RV related topics. I have very strong feelings about some of the topics being discussed, BUT they have zero to do with our enjoyment of RVing. Not only that they can be volatile. They serve no purpose in furthering our RVing experiences. Let's try to keep things in line.

And yep, me and Waylon got along.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:02 AM   #60
wegone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Folks we are again veering away from RV related topics. I have very strong feelings about some of the topics being discussed, BUT they have zero to do with our enjoyment of RVing. Not only that they can be volatile. They serve no purpose in furthering our RVing experiences. Let's try to keep things in line.

And yep, me and Waylon got along.
Hey Danny, you can delete this post too, I didn't mean to cause trouble with it either, sorry.

I didn't really realize how hard some of these posts can make your job moderating.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote