Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
golfpro

Question High Country 321 RES

Hell, I'm new here but would like to ask several questions about the above model. Does this have a crank up tv antenna? How do you get tv, do I have to buy a satellite such as dish or direct tv? Is it better to buy the 30 amp or the 50 amp version of this unit? This TT is so big I am thinking the 50 amp so I can keep it cool in the hot summers. Have any of you had problems hooking up a WDH with the chains on the bars with the dog house up from over the tanks? Have any problems with the electric jacks? Any Tire problems? Any leaks with the slide outs. We have never had a TT with slide outs and have heard of problems with other TT's. The MSRP is about $47K but have heard some guy got his for $24K and one for $29K. What would be a good price to offer on this Unit? Well, I guess this is enough questions for now, I'm sure I will have more later. Thanks for any answers of suggestions. I have one more question. since there is not back bumper, where do you store you sewer hose?
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
jac3i

321 res

We bought our 3231 RES off the dealers lot and it had a crank up TV antenna. If we are in a location were over is available it works fine. In the boondocks were there is no TV reception we don't have TV. We have 50 amp version. In a couple of years when I retire I plan on adding an air conditioner in the bedroom and definitely need 50 amps to run both. The air and the microwave don't play well together when we are "dog boned" to 30 amps. Our had a bumper on the rear so the sewer went in that. We have taken ours over some pretty rough roads when we go hunting and I expected more problems to shake out the 1st year than we had. We found one small leak which was repaired under warranty on one slide out after one such trip. The only electric jack is on the front of the trailer. There are stabilizers under the back TV area and under the bedroom. These are meant to minimize the rocking when set up but not to lift the trailer. Had not had trouble with either the stabilizers or the eclectic jack. When we were ready to buy, we asked for and received via email all the dealer best price in a 400 mile radius of us. We were going to go with the cheapest but our local dealer matched to best price we found. (Of course he said he was losing money on the deal at that price.) Having the dealer local, 27 miles away, makes it nice for warranty work and other things we want worked on the trailer.
jac3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
KanTC

Welcome golfpro,

High Country travel trailers were only introduced in 2011, so there may not (yet) be
many owners here to answer your questions.

A TV antenna is typically a standard item on the greater majority of RV's now. It's
shown as part of the Value Pkg on the Cougar HC. See standard features listed here:
http://www.keystone-highcountry.com/...page=standards

Apparently 50 amp service is available (as per jac3i's reply), but I didn't see it
listed in the 2012 info. Also no info on wiring/framing for a 2nd A/C. I'd confirm
these items with the dealer.

A quick Google search brings up several 321RES ads w/ photos... all of them show a
tubular rear bumper, with the spare tire attached.

http://www.kitsmillerrv.com/cf/store...productid=2900
http://www.generalrv.com/inventory/1...ry-321RES.aspx
http://www.hwytrailersales.com/2012-...ler-or-i412578
http://petesrv.com/2012_Cougar_High_...one/15348.html

The Cougar HC is built in Indiana, so prices on the west coast will (at the very least)
be a bit higher due to the actual cost of transport.

Use the "Dealer Locater" feature (from website) to compare prices in your surrounding area.

http://www.keystone-highcountry.com/...?page=findmyrv

Hope this helps, and good luck with your decision.
Terri, the co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro View Post
I have one more question. since there is not back bumper, where do you store you sewer hose?
I always advise folks not to keep the sewer hose in the rear bumper because the inside of the bumper will begin to rust almost immediately. Rust is just as abrasive as sandpaper. The sewer hoses are made of thin plastic over a wire coil. Rub the hose over anything abrasive and you are guaranteed a leak.

I keep my sewer hoses in a plastic storage tote. It's water tight so I can put the hoses away wet after rinsing and spray a bit of bleach water in there to keep it odor free and reasonably clean.

I also advise folks not to lay the sewer hose on the concrete pad around most dump stations for pretty much the same reasoning. I have used the lid off the tote box to keep the hose off the concrete. I also have some short lengths of 4" thin wall drain pipe cut in half lengthwise that I can lay the sewer hose in.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote