Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2021, 07:00 PM   #1
BeemerJoe

New truck bed hight on Fuzion

Can't find this anywhere: I bought a 2016 Fuzion Chrome. Waiting for my 22 F-350 to be delivered. My concern is the clearance on the bed. Ordered the Factory puck and 32k Reese hitch with the truck. Looking at the Fuzion, I see that the pin doesn't point down as far as my Keystone Cougar did, and I'm getting a little concerned about the Clearance from the rails when hooked up.
Does anyone on this forum have a 20 or newer super duty pulling the Fuzion? I would love to know if you have any issues getting the 6" clearance from the rails. And if the truck and Trailer are level.
Hope that made some sense.
BeemerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 07:13 PM   #2
Essvar

You should be just fine, the Fords have slightly shorter bed rails than other brands and the fuzion will be taller than your Cougar (not toy hauler) so the kingpin doesn’t need as big of a drop.
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:47 AM   #3
BeemerJoe

Thank you. I figured I wouldn't be the only person with a Ford/Fuzion combo. Just overthinking stuff, while waiting for my truck.lol
Old 11-30-2021, 06:39 AM   #4
Skillet173

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerJoe View Post
Thank you. I figured I wouldn't be the only person with a Ford/Fuzion combo. Just overthinking stuff, while waiting for my truck.lol
You're not the only one overthinking! I've got my new 419 sitting in the barn waiting for my new Chevy, (and spring). Starting to think my truck may not be built in time so I need to hold off on ordering hitch etc.. I am leaning towards the Companion 27k though. I am hoping the designers of new trucks took into account 5th wheels and bed rails.

Got tired of "fighting stupid" (LEO) after 27 years and retired.
Active MX rider/racer, parent, sponsor, mechanic, transporter, and race fan for my son.
Skillet173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:48 AM   #5
BeemerJoe

Yea. I agree lol. I had a friend tow my 2016 Fuzion from 230 miles away. He had no issues with his Ram 3500. I've got a 22 F-350 on order, and it's now got a build date of 13 Dec. They changed it 3 times now. I ordered it in Sept. I'm hoping I'll get it by the spring also. lol. My salesman said probably in Jan, or Feb at the latest.

Tags
bed, fuzion