Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2021, 08:42 AM   #1
AnitaPierce

Smile Please help with slide / floor questions

Please advise….

2008 Montana 3400RL with 4 slides.

I also have a 35’ Bison 3Horse Trailer with Living quarters which has been totally redone with new floors - By a professional horse trailer mechanic. Floors are beautiful! He actually took OUT the slide (only has one) to install the Lifeproof plank floors in kitchen/living, dinette slide and bathroom. Yeah! Beautiful! Have used it extensively for two years with NO PROBLEMS. The single slide was actually removed to install this floor. The perimeter of the floor was GLUED down with _________

I recently purchased a 2008 Keystone Montana 3400RL 5th Wheel

Ive a local Handiman helping me redo this camper. He lives in his 5th wheel - I plan on traveling in mine. At this point, 7 days in, I’m not sure he understands that this trailer will be going down the road and the slides need to move in and out freely.
I purchased a very thin (7m) vinyl plank floor (NOT Lifeproof/waterproof) at Home Depot along with 2m underlayment that the manufacturer suggests and tape.
We’ve taken up the carpets of course, actually left the underlayment on slide as it was in perfect shape but used the blue underlayment on all the rest. He did use the 1/4 spacers in some spots, but not consistently. I’m afraid he’s in over his head on this project, but I, willing to let him try to finish. He’s had to redo SO MANY cuts, lots of wasted planks but thats okay too.

Now, BEFORE he nails in the quarter round, I’d like to make sure the slides work. This Montana has one button that operates ALL the slides…. One after the other. I need to close them individually and know there is an over ride but it is not in the user manual. It says, see slide manual and there isn’t one in the package. (There is an adjustable bed that must be removed or tilted on its side before bringing the first slide in) *SIGH. *UGH.

1. Does anyone know how to override the ALL Slides IN and ALL Slides OUT control button? I think they are hydraulically controlled.
2. In your opinion, should the perimeter planks be glued down to hinder movement while driving?
3. Do the slides need to be adjusted? I took off carpet and padding and I’m sure the planks and underlayment are thinner in comparison.
4. Shouldn’t the slides be operated before finishing off the floor with quarter rounds?
Thank you in advance and any and all opinions and help!
AnitaPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:57 AM   #2
Terry W.

I'm going to attempt one question. On my Keystone Avalanche where the hyd pum Iip is there is a little manifold with knobs that you can close to not operate a particular slide. Or in you case close all and open only the slide you are working with.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:01 AM   #3
AnitaPierce

Picture please?

Thanks so much for your answer. Might you be able to post a picture of this manifold so I can find it?
Anita
Old 09-06-2021, 10:02 AM   #4
AnitaPierce

ANd might you know where I can find a manual for this?

Tags
floor, slide