Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2021, 03:06 PM   #1
flyingjack

RL series information wanted

Owned a 2013 Mountaineer 345DBQ since new and really don't have any complaints. Wife wants to upgrade and downsize. Getting ready to list our DBQ and buy a 2018 or newer 294 or 330RL later this year-probably over the winter. Anyway, anybody have any issues or thoughts regarding the RL series 5ers?

Thanks
Jack
flyingjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:30 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I am assuming you are referencing a Montana High Country 330RL? I believe there is a Outback/Passport or something 330RL as well (bumper pull).

I figure you know the "RL" means rear living so that's what you'll get. I have what's in my signature, a 331RL. It's the same as the 330 but with a residential fridge, which by the way we LOVE. As with any RV the floorplan is THE key factor so make sure you know how it's laid out and that you like it.

We cut the king size bed platform down to residential queen so we would have more room around the bed which works well for us. If the one you look at doesn't have 2 ACs, make sure it does. Ours came with Ranier LRF tires which I didn't like so installed Sailun S637s LRG.

We like the rear living so we don't have any issues with that. Unlike our last trailer the kitchen table has lots of room for the chairs to move around it. Some really need a 55" TV or stuff like that but the 40/42" size is plenty big when viewing from 6' away..... We also like the large bathroom with double sinks.

Other than a melted switch on the water heater (which I replaced) we have had no problems with it and have really enjoyed it. Good luck on your search.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 05:28 AM   #3
Javi

My last three trailers have been REAR LIVING trailers.. a 2890RL Passport, a 333MKS Cougar and now a 313RS Avalanche..

We've looked at other floor plans but keep coming back to rear living as the best for us.
Javi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:14 PM   #4
ssthrd

We love our 2014 Laredo 292RL especially when parked in our favourite campsites with their awesome vistas out of our back window. We have a queen bed which provides more room to get into the front clothes closet.

The only negative that I can think of on ours is that the single AC that we have is not adequate on 80+ days.

2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax
ssthrd is offline   Reply With Quote