Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2021, 10:05 AM   #1
Bradleybc

Dometic DM2852 refrigerator not igniting

Hello, I have a 2020 keystone cougar that has a Dometic DM2852RBX refrigerator in it. The refrigerator works great when hooked to electric but on gas mode the electrode won’t fire to ignite the gas. I can light the gas with a lighter and it will stay lit and the refrigerator will function on gas as long as I leave it in the “gas mode” selection on the refrigerator controls. The question I have is can the electrode on the igniter go bad or would this be an issue with the control board? The igniter isn’t firing at all….no clicks….no sparks….nothing at all. The gas valve clicks but nothing after that. The gas is flowing but no spark.
Any information is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Bradleybc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 10:10 AM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleybc View Post
Hello, I have a 2020 keystone cougar that has a Dometic DM2852RBX refrigerator in it. The refrigerator works great when hooked to electric but on gas mode the electrode won’t fire to ignite the gas. I can light the gas with a lighter and it will stay lit and the refrigerator will function on gas as long as I leave it in the “gas mode” selection on the refrigerator controls. The question I have is can the electrode on the igniter go bad or would this be an issue with the control board? The igniter isn’t firing at all….no clicks….no sparks….nothing at all. The gas valve clicks but nothing after that. The gas is flowing but no spark.
Any information is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Look at how close the sparker is should be about a 1/4"
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 10:22 AM   #3
Bradleybc

Thanks for the reply, it looks like the gap is correct. There isn’t any clicking at all. I don’t think the igniter is trying to spark.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:25 AM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, it looks like the gap is correct. There isn’t any clicking at all. I don’t think the igniter is trying to spark.
Have you cleaned it of with a fine emery cloth? Some times they get a little rust or carbon on them
Old 08-20-2021, 11:05 AM   #5
Bradleybc

Thanks for the reply. After seeing your reply I did clean the igniter and the area on the tube that creates the spark. There still isn’t any sign of a spark. I lit the gas with my torch and it stays lit so I know that gas is getting to the appliance. I hate to buy an igniter and it turns out to be the control board. Thanks again for the advice.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:08 AM   #6
Javi

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. After seeing your reply I did clean the igniter and the area on the tube that creates the spark. There still isn’t any sign of a spark. I lit the gas with my torch and it stays lit so I know that gas is getting to the appliance. I hate to buy an igniter and it turns out to be the control board. Thanks again for the advice.
The igniter is way cheaper than a board and more prone to going bad..
Old 08-20-2021, 11:11 AM   #7
Bradleybc

You do have a good point. That may be the direction I go. Thanks again for your help
Old 08-20-2021, 12:23 PM   #8
FlyingAroundRV

Check the fuse on your control board before you buy anything and check that all the connections at the board are good. Turn all power off and unplug / replug all the connectors, then restore the power.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 03:22 PM   #9
Bradleybc

Thanks for your suggestions. I did everything you recommended and still no luck. Thanks again for the help.

Tags
dometic