Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2021, 05:19 PM   #21
JDDilly

I purchased my tires at Discount Tire and take it in every 5000 miles for free rotation and balance. They remove the tires and remount on different rims.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:02 PM   #22
travelin texans

My truck had 4 aluminum wheels, 2 inside steel wheels & the aluminum ones could not be used front or rear so having them broke down to rotate was the only option other than just side to side. I bought my tires at Discount tire that typically has free rotations but with the dually I paid a small charge extra so that it included the breaking down to rotate duals.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:15 AM   #23
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
My truck had 4 aluminum wheels, 2 inside steel wheels & the aluminum ones could not be used front or rear so having them broke down to rotate was the only option other than just side to side. I bought my tires at Discount tire that typically has free rotations but with the dually I paid a small charge extra so that it included the breaking down to rotate duals.
Knowing this from past experiences is why I bought steel wheels all the way around. Not as pretty but highly functional
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 07:31 AM   #24
Camp CA

My F350 Crew Cab Dually, towing a 2020 Montana 3780RL (16,600 lbs gross weight), has General Tire Radial Grabber all season HTS LT245/75R-17 E tires with 3750 lb load rating and 65,000 mile warranty. Front tires filled to 65 psig and rear tires filed to 80 psig. They offer a very comfortable ride while towing.
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 07:47 AM   #25
Wingman301

Michelin LTX A/T for Dually

I love the Michelin LTX A/T tires on my dually. Both my brother and brother-in-law run the same tires on their trucks. In fact my BIL has a tow company and all his tow vehicles run the same tires. He gets 70k+ a set.
B+W Companion 25K 5th Wheel Hitch
Wingman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:05 AM   #26
mudrockatc

I had three of the POS Nexan tires fail in the first 8 months I owned my Ram dually, only a few thousand miles, and all three developed big bulges, two on sidewalls, one right in the tread. One of my best friends own's a big collision center in our town, and also sells tires, many to "hotshot" operators. He told me he gets really good feedback on Mastercraft Courser HXT(made in US by Cooper). He put a set on my '18 Ram dually about a year ago, and I love them, much smoother ride, much better traction, and at less than 150 bucks apiece I will change them as often as necessary!!
mudrockatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 09:10 AM   #27
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp CA View Post
My F350 Crew Cab Dually, towing a 2020 Montana 3780RL (16,600 lbs gross weight), has General Tire Radial Grabber all season HTS LT245/75R-17 E tires with 3750 lb load rating and 65,000 mile warranty. Front tires filled to 65 psig and rear tires filed to 80 psig. They offer a very comfortable ride while towing.
I think you are mistaken on the load capacity rating. That size tire across most every brand, including yours is 3195 lbs, not 3750 lbs. And although don't show it on their website, if used in a Dually configuration, they are derated down to about 2910 lbs.

https://generaltire.com/tires/light-...kaApzyEALw_wcB
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:46 AM   #28
Rdynbama

Great looking tires and I like the hose extender bracket
I’m curious about how the masses rotate tires on a dually too

2011 F450 Lariat
Anderson Ultimate Hitch
Rdynbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:07 AM   #29
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdynbama View Post
Great looking tires and I like the hose extender bracket
I’m curious about how the masses rotate tires on a dually too
Thank you sir....it was my own design and forced production because I simply did not like anything that was available for sale at the time. As far as rotating tires on a Dually, unless you want to go in and have the tires removed from the wheels and rotate like that, about the only other solution is seems is to put the left side tires on the right, and the right side tires on the left....both front and rear. That changes the directional rotation of all the tires, but probably not as effective as actually removing them from the wheels and properly rotating them....but certainly a whole lot less $$.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:42 AM   #30
daveinaz

I recently replaced the old Michelins on my dually with Bridgestone Duravis R500 HDs. They are commercial rated and have stiffer sidewalls. The truck does seem to feel more firm or “planted” with them than it did with the Michelins. I have dually valve stems on all six wheels so I asked Discount Tire about how they handled rotation. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that they break down the tires and remount them to rotate them.

I have purchased tires from DT before so I know they do free rotations on tires you buy from them but wasn’t sure about a dually.
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 12:27 PM   #31
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinaz View Post
I recently replaced the old Michelins on my dually with Bridgestone Duravis R500 HDs. They are commercial rated and have stiffer sidewalls. The truck does seem to feel more firm or “planted” with them than it did with the Michelins. I have dually valve stems on all six wheels so I asked Discount Tire about how they handled rotation. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that they break down the tires and remount them to rotate them.

I have purchased tires from DT before so I know they do free rotations on tires you buy from them but wasn’t sure about a dually.
Thanks Dave, that's good to know....I guess I'll find out when it comes time to rotate them........fingers crossed!

Tags
tires, tow, towing