Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2021, 06:03 PM   #1
hylasw

2012 High Country Cougar slide out and front jacks problem power not strong

We have a 2012 High Country Cougar 5th wheel with 2 slides. When I put the slides in the rear slide goes real slow even on level ground sometime I have to push force on the slide to get the slide in this happens even with the trailer plugged into a outlet the front slide isn't as bad but is alot smaller slide out.
Also my front jacks if I try to go up go real slow as well like they are not getting enough power.
I have tried replacing the batteries I have 2 12 volt deep cycle batteries but no help.
I also checked all cables batteries and ground cable all cables seemed to be tight and clean.
Please help anyone else have this issue and what was the solution ?
hylasw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:56 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It looks like the "slow issue" is happening on two separate motors, wired on two separate circuits, with the only "common connections" being the mini DC circuit breakers mounted in the front passthrough, near the batteries. I'd suspect that a connection on one of the cables from the batteries to the mini breakers has a bad terminal connector crimp, the wiring is not completely in the crimp or the mini breaker itself is weak/corroded internally.

I'd suspect, that since it's happening on two separate motors, that there's probably not an issue with the wiring crimps on both motors going "bad at the same time" although, if, after checking the mini breakers, the next step would be to check all the wiring/connections on the motors.

I'd start with the landing gear, since that wiring is accessible without removing the coroplast belly cover.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, jacks, power, slide, slide out