Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2021, 10:07 PM   #1
Valooey

Onan Generator help

Hello,

We have a 2010 Keystone Fuzion 263 LFS. I have started having an issue with the onboard generator.

The generator operates and runs fine with the 30A main breaker on the generator off. As soon as the breaker is turned on, the generator turns off.

I suspect an issue at the transfer switch. But I am unable to find the transfer switch. Only other possibility would be under the front bed, which would require plywood removal. I would assume it should be in a better accessible spot.

I have checked all the fuses at the panel, all are good. Trailer operates fine on shore power.

Any tips or suggestions would really help.

Thanks you.
Valooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:45 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valooey View Post
Hello,

We have a 2010 Keystone Fuzion 263 LFS. I have started having an issue with the onboard generator.

The generator operates and runs fine with the 30A main breaker on the generator off. As soon as the breaker is turned on, the generator turns off.

I suspect an issue at the transfer switch. But I am unable to find the transfer switch. Only other possibility would be under the front bed, which would require plywood removal. I would assume it should be in a better accessible spot.

I have checked all the fuses at the panel, all are good. Trailer operates fine on shore power.

Any tips or suggestions would really help.

Thanks you.
Have you checked for a short in the line voltage wires leading away from the generator???? If it were me I would probably disconnect the line voltage out wires and see if it still shuts off without being connected to trailer...that way you can rule out the generator itself...someone else may have a better idea but that’s where I would start
Old 03-13-2021, 10:14 PM   #3
Privateer

On my 2010 Raptor the transfer switch is located in the small forward facing compartment next to the generator. It's on the back wall of the compartment at the bottom. Took me a couple times to find it since it was behind the pieces of wood the previous owner left in for leveling. Hope this helps.
Privateer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator