Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #21
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldbak View Post
I understand why they dont have adaptive cruise on a tow vehicle after a bit of research. My wife's Camry has it and I can literally just steer and never hit the brakes all the way to a stop. It's not abrupt or jarring it's a smooth transition. I would love it on my truck.

No the tires sensors dont sense heat. Curious when you would need it? The control center has a trailer menu that senses a trailer when connected and gives you ability to check lights and tire pressures. It even has a check list. Helpful at 63

I love the HUD! It also has lane assist which you can turn on or off. I love it because it doesn't make a sound. It vibrates the left or right side of the drivers seat. It's like a pre-butt bump.

The 10 speed Alison trans is smooth. You can barely feel it shift.

Talk to me about air bags. Whats the advantage? I question weather or not I even need weight distribution. I was under it last weekend and was amazed at the engineering. This thing is stout!
I personally like the airbags because it gets your truck back to a proper stance. It distributed the weight better across the axles.
I liked that my headlights were pointing back where they were supposed to and not up in the sky on my last truck.They do not add any increase in payload capacity legally, but do make the truck handle bigger loads with confidence.
BUT I know little to nothing about towing a TT and have limited experience with weight distribution hitches.Others on this forum may recommend that over air bags or in addition to airbags.
My 2020 ram 3500 came with air suspension air bags and I love it
Old 12-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #22
foldbak

I totally agree that sway control is needed! My point is that my truck sits level without the weight distribution. The question is more towards the use of air bags. Why would I need them.

Tony & Donna & Murphy
2022 Montana HC 295RL, Solar Flex 400, Onan 3600 LPG, 2000 inverter, 200AH Lithium, 2020 GMC Denali 2500 6.6 Duramax, 10 speed Alison Trans, Demco 21K Auto Slide
foldbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:19 PM   #23
jasin1

Quote:
I totally agree that sway control is needed! My point is that my truck sits level without the weight distribution. The question is more towards the use of air bags. Why would I need them.
Oh ok my mistake... it looked like in the picture your truck was sagging a little. It was hard to tell .I stand corrected. And btw I do love those trucks and think they are heavy duty. I was really close to buying one but dealer wouldn’t give me employee pricing because the truck was in high demand.
I walked away from the deal on principle
Old 12-29-2020, 01:42 PM   #24
Northofu1

Quote:
I used them on my 1500 with my TT not because it was sagging, but because it stiffened the rear suspension enough to eliminate any porpoising over road imperfections. The pressure in the bags changed according to load and highway conditions.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 02:07 PM   #25
foldbak

Ya my signature picture is on a slope. I checked it in a parking lot and it was dead level. Anyway yes Covid has been good for the dealerships as trailers fly off the lot so do the trucks that pull them. I just got lucky.

Tony & Donna & Murphy
2022 Montana HC 295RL, Solar Flex 400, Onan 3600 LPG, 2000 inverter, 200AH Lithium, 2020 GMC Denali 2500 6.6 Duramax, 10 speed Alison Trans, Demco 21K Auto Slide
Old 12-29-2020, 02:14 PM   #26
Northofu1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...annel=DinkGear

Old 12-29-2020, 02:48 PM   #27
foldbak

Or

I love this setup. Zero sway!

Tony & Donna & Murphy
Old 12-29-2020, 03:05 PM   #28
Northofu1

Quote:
Or

I love this setup. Zero sway!
I didn't with the Blue Ox either.

Old 12-31-2020, 05:54 AM   #29
Nate805

Quote:
2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD SO HAPPY
The interactive trailer features are amazing. An electronic check list, several camera views and integrated TPMS! The only thing this truck is missing is adaptive cruise control.

Nice setup. I have a 2020 AT4 HD Duramax. Bought it Oct 2019 and have towed my 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS about 15k miles with it. Truck has 20k miles. It’s been my favorite GM so far (have owned 8 in 20 years). The power, control, tech, etc.. Just did a 1,400 mile stretch up and down half a dozen 6% grades in winter. Truck is a champ!!
Nate805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:43 AM   #30
foldbak

You know it's all good until someone pokes an eye out. With all the tech on this rig I still managed to back in into the corner of my house roof shattered the back window and poked a hole in the siding Needles to say my wife's not happy that we had to cancel her birthday getaway.

Tony & Donna & Murphy
Old 01-03-2021, 09:56 AM   #31
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
You know it's all good until someone pokes an eye out. With all the tech on this rig I still managed to back in into the corner of my house roof shattered the back window and poked a hole in the siding Needles to say my wife's not happy that we had to cancel her birthday getaway.
My driveway is a steep running downhill to the street. It's east to backup, not hit a thing but then when leveling the top can hit the rain gutter on the garage eve. My solution, I spent a little time getting the trailer parked perfectly one day. Then I marked the driveway where the rear tire was with chalk. Then I spray painted the spot on each side with a small white line. When I back in the driveway I'll stop short, hop out and set a wheel stop on the line then back up until it stops. Then place the other wheel chock in front of the tire (two sets of chocks tied together with rope). This has worked well for me. YMMV
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:54 AM   #32
dronning

Quote:
All the tech in the world doesn't beat a 2nd pair of eyes and a walkie.
- Dave
We just added these to our tool list. We chose the Motorola T600 Talkabout Radio because they are harder to misplace! LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	walkie-2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	31364  
dronning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:16 AM   #33
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronning View Post
- Dave
We just added these to our tool list. We chose the Motorola T600 Talkabout Radio because they are harder to misplace! LOL
Tried it, didn't work for us. I'd see DW with radio up to mouth, lips moving in the mirror or in the camera's monitor but no sound. I gave up getting out and showing her which button to push. My hardwired camera has a microphone and it's well worth it if she's being it and talks at it. I love her dearly but she admits to being "technically challenged".

For the driveway, the cost was zero as I had the paint and the wheel chocks. Whatever works!
Old 01-03-2021, 11:25 AM   #34
jimborokz

Quote:
- Dave
When backing up DW calls me on her cell and I use the hands free in the truck. Works pretty good.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:34 AM   #35
dronning

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Tried it, didn't work for us. I'd see DW with radio up to mouth, lips moving in the mirror or in the camera's monitor but no sound. I gave up getting out and showing her which button to push. My hardwired camera has a microphone and it's well worth it if she's being it and talks at it. I love her dearly but she admits to being "technically challenged".

For the driveway, the cost was zero as I had the paint and the wheel chocks. Whatever works!
VOX feature - no buttons to push, just turn it on and set the volume and hand it to her. My wife just wants all the tech to be ON-OFF too, so I understand. We take the 'rolas kayaking since they are also water proof.
- Dave
dronning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:59 AM   #36
German Shepherd Guy

Quote:

What a great looking truck, congratulations!
I am jealous

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:26 PM   #37
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
VOX feature - no buttons to push, just turn it on and set the volume and hand it to her. My wife just wants all the tech to be ON-OFF too, so I understand. We take the 'rolas kayaking since they are also water proof.
- Dave
Nope, they are VOX. Invariably she would change the channel, or turn the volume off when holding it. She would push every button but the correct one. God bless her, she's extremely inelegant (master's in nursing, taught at college) just technically challenged. I have Harmony hub and remotes for the 3 big screen TVs with surround sound systems so she only has to press one button on one remote.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #38
notanlines

Might I ask where in the world did the term 'rolas' come from? If this is in reference to your Motorola walkie-talkies, might I suggest you give us a freaking break? If you and your SO have a pet name for the electronics that keep you from incidents that keep you from calling Geico or Prudential then fine. But you are not on Facebook here. TTCTSFTSSIA (Take this crap to some forum that speaks solely in anacronyms. Thanks, and now I'll climb down from this soap box.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:55 PM   #39
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Nope, they are VOX. Invariably she would change the channel, or turn the volume off when holding it. She would push every button but the correct one. God bless her, she's extremely inelegant (master's in nursing, taught at college) just technically challenged. I have Harmony hub and remotes for the 3 big screen TVs with surround sound systems so she only has to press one button on one remote.
Hurry Marshall, Hurry fix it before DW walks by and sees this!!! Gotta love that autospell, autocorrect, fill in or whatever these things do....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #40
rhagfo

Quote:
- Dave
DW only watches for kids on bikes going behind the 5er when backing. The only time she gives signals is if we are backing to a tree and want to get as close as possible. Otherwise it is me and the mirrors or I get out and look.

Mow days it kills me to watch DD handle her horse trailers like a pro.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing