Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2020, 11:23 AM   #1
ibebieber

Water pressure? what do you run it at?

I have a 2019 Cougar 5th wheel and just upgraded to an adjustable water pressure regulator. I set to 50 PSI on the first trip out with and the shower seem to be weaker than when i ran the cheaper preset style regulator.

What do you set yours to and what is the max i can safely run at? i can't seem to find the specs in the owners manual or on the Keystone website.
ibebieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:37 AM   #2
Javi

50 - 55 lbs
Old 07-13-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I run mine at 50 PSI. We were in a campground in Fort Wayne this weekend where the water pressure was running 125 PSI at the faucet where our regulator was attached.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:46 PM   #4
FlyingAroundRV

I run ours at about 40-50PSI.
We had a situation where the outside water pressure jammed the non-return valve in the water pump. The next time we tried to run off our tank water, I could hear the pump running but no water was flowing. When I disassembled the pump, I found the non-return valve (a plunger type object) was jammed in its socket. This could only have occured from excessive water pressure from the mains.
My reasoning for the pressure setting is to keep the outside pressure near what the water pump is capable of. There's a sticker on our pump that states the output pressure and that is what I go by.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:02 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

I always ran mine at 40 in my last trailer and did in this one initially. Thought this shower head was a little weak at that pressure so upped it to 50...and I had larger tanks so all should be good.....and it was; until DW got back from staying with my daughter.

Don't know if it was because she liked the increased amount of water, the bigger shower stall or what by I ended up at 11pm with water in the bottom of the shower. Way off the schedule I had developed in my other trailer and for me in this one. Now I'm back to 40 and will be replacing this shower head. Oh, and that new Dometic toilet I put in? It actually does a good job of flushing at 40psi unlike the Thetford that came in this.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure