Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2020, 06:02 AM   #1
gptraveler

Smile New to Keystone and this site

Hello All!
My husband and I are the new owners of a 2007 Everest 295T. It had one owner previously and he left it sitting idle for the last 7 years.
We have parked it on a piece of land in Vermont with full hookups that we developed last year for this purpose.
We are just getting familiar with the rig and setting it up for a long life there.
A couple of learning experiences have come up already including "where the heck is the second gray tank and how do we dump it?"
This is my husband's dream and I want us both to get the most out of it. Glad to be here.
gptraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:17 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

welcome to the forum

Congrats on your new adventure!! If you look underneath the trailer along the frame you should find the second gray tank dump handle. Often times its tucked up high behind the wheels.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:34 AM   #3
gptraveler

Thanks for the welcome Chuckster57.
My husband did find access to the drain but it wasn't easy. The under body is sealed pretty well. He did locate a cable that ran down the middle of the body inside the sealing and it got more complicated after that. The handle was broken off and he had to work blind reaching inside. He has some thoughts on a remedy. We shall see how that proceeds. Ahhh trailer life.
gptraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:19 AM   #4
Bill-2020

To me, the workings and near constant maintenance on a trailer of these types has to almost be a labor of love or it won’t be taken care of. There is a wealth of information here. The knowledge base is well rounded as you can already see from his response. (and some off-the-wall funny comments when appropriate : )
Bill-2020 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:54 AM   #5
Cjblodgett

Hi from new Passport owner in California

Hi all,
We just bought a 2020-2521 RLWE Passport travel trailer that we are towing with a 2007 Toyota Tundra V8. We are not new to RVing, having owned two Class C rigs prior. But, we have been out of it for about five years. AND, now we have to learn to back a trailer!

We will be traveling close to home for now with two ginger cats. The reason we picked this model TT is mostly for the extra storage compartment that we turned into the cat box room. We linked the living space with a small cat door.

Hope to see you all on the road. Happy travels.

Cj Blodgett
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Passport.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	28452  
Cjblodgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:01 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

add those pics

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:09 AM   #7
Gegrad

Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania!
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #8
Cjblodgett

Picture is on!
Cjblodgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:17 PM   #9
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gptraveler View Post
Hello All!
My husband and I are the new owners of a 2007 Everest 295T. It had one owner previously and he left it sitting idle for the last 7 years.
We have parked it on a piece of land in Vermont with full hookups that we developed last year for this purpose.
We are just getting familiar with the rig and setting it up for a long life there.
A couple of learning experiences have come up already including "where the heck is the second gray tank and how do we dump it?"
This is my husband's dream and I want us both to get the most out of it. Glad to be here.
One bit of advice, DO NOT leave the black valve open full-time while parked stationary, fill/dump as needed.
The grey bath valve can be left open, kitchen IMO should be closed til needed to dump, but the black NO or that fecal matter with toilet paper will pile up creating a concrete like pyramid that's next to impossible to remove.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:05 PM   #10
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gptraveler View Post
Hello All!

Second gray tank is often called the galley tank and I have to crawl under my trailer's slide out and it is up behind the rear tire on the driver's side. This is not convenient as we have a lot of fire ants on the ground near water/sewer connections in parks so I bought a Valterra RV Sewer Hose Twist On Safety Dump Valve T58. I open my galley dump valve before extending my slide and since this safety dump valve is installed on the final sewer line outlet, bugs and such can't get up through the sewer line into our kitchen sink and I can dump the galley tank without crawling through fire ants. I don't open the main gray tank or black tank till I am ready to dump these and the open and then open this safety dump valve.

https://parts.unitedrv.com/products/...nt=Catch%20All

2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:08 PM   #11
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
One bit of advice, DO NOT leave the black valve open full-time while parked stationary, fill/dump as needed.
The grey bath valve can be left open, kitchen IMO should be closed til needed to dump, but the black NO or that fecal matter with toilet paper will pile up creating a concrete like pyramid that's next to impossible to remove.

I leave our galley tank valve open when camping as I use a Valterra safety dump valve on the end of our sewer line between it and the hose. I am getting to old to wrestle the fire ants under the trailer. Before using the Valterra safety dump valve I left the galley tank open and little black gnats came up out of the sewer and invaded the trailer. With the safety dump valve I can open the black and 2nd gray tank and dump all at the same time and it makes me feel better to have more gray to thin out the black tank "stuff".
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:03 PM   #12
Gary R.

A big Hello to GP and CJ, and welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your adventures!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone