Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2020, 06:08 AM   #1
copperhand

2020 Keystone RK26 AC issue at night

Good morning, First time posting.
I recently bought a new Cougar half/ton series camper with the Incommand system. During the day the AC works fine but at night I set the temp setting to 65 degrees and it seems to only want to go down to 69 or 70 and stay there. The AC will not kick on to help get the temp down unless I turn it off and then back on, then there's times that this doesn't even work.
Has anyone had a issue like this?
Also is there a way to install a standard thermostat and by pass the Incommand sysytem?
Any help or suggestions on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and stay safe folks.....John
copperhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:41 PM   #2
Steveo57

I have a 2018 Cougar. If doesn't have inCommand so it has a thermostat on the wall. Mine has a problem also only at night where the fan will cycle on and off repeatedly without the compressor coming on. You have to get up and turn the system off and back on or adjust the temperature setpoint down a few degrees to get it to come on. Others I know have an issue at night where the AC shuts off and will not come back on.

I know many others that have a similar issue with and without inCommand.

I've replaced or Dometic has replaced everything except for the wires. Still pushing Dometic for a resolution but all they say is take it to a service center. Of course the service center is not going to have someone live it for a few weeks so they can observe the problem when it happens at night.

I'm working my way up the chain in hopes of getting a chance to discuss the problem with someone who knows how things work and can resolve it.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:50 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo57 View Post
I have a 2018 Cougar. If doesn't have inCommand so it has a thermostat on the wall. Mine has a problem also only at night where the fan will cycle on and off repeatedly without the compressor coming on. You have to get up and turn the system off and back on or adjust the temperature setpoint down a few degrees to get it to come on. Others I know have an issue at night where the AC shuts off and will not come back on.

I know many others that have a similar issue with and without inCommand.

I've replaced or Dometic has replaced everything except for the wires. Still pushing Dometic for a resolution but all they say is take it to a service center. Of course the service center is not going to have someone live it for a few weeks so they can observe the problem when it happens at night.

I'm working my way up the chain in hopes of getting a chance to discuss the problem with someone who knows how things work and can resolve it.

My last trailer (2014 Cougar) had a Dometic thermostat that failed then went through 4 new ones trying to get one to work properly. Finally got one that seemed to work pretty well. It would however seem to stop functioning for periods of time, particularly at night, and the compressor would not come on. Eventually it would....usually. I got up several times in the middle of the night when we got too warm, turned it off, turned it on and boom, back in business. Thought it was all those replacements but.....

Bought this new 2020 with the same unit more or less (has the heat pump), been staying in it this trip for about 6 weeks and I've had to repeat that process once already. I think they're just crap and unfortunately we're stuck with them as I've been told by Dometic.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone