Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Rock7

Good sam repair service

Took my rig to dealer today, Found a note on desk to all Good Sam customers.
We can no longer repair units warranted by GS. Since GS and Camping World have combined, Camping World requires all repairs be made at CW.
Has anyone else seen this??????????
Rock7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I just contacted Good Sam Club member services and asked the question:

"Does this policy restrict Good Sam Extended Warranty and ERS service?"

Hope to get an answer today and will post the results.

The GSC Website still says that you can take your RV to "ANY" repair/service center. So, IMHO it probably is a dealer "inspired" note on the desk, not an official policy. I was at CW in Houghton Michigan last Friday and did not see anything with regards to not honoring GS service policies. And, with the limited number of CW Service facilities nationwide, it would be a severe burden on anyone not living close to a CW store. I'd think that would limit sales of the GS/CW products and they sure don't want to do that.

Will post the results when received.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I just received the following reply from Good Sam Customer Service:

"Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I haven’t heard of any policies like this. It might be referring to a dealership warranty (if the RV was bought at Camping World) that says that free repairs would have to be taken care of at Camping World. There are no limitations on where you can take your vehicle for repairs through ESP, and ERS doesn’t cover repairs.

If you are in need of further assistance regarding your membership please contact us at [email protected] or call our Member Services at 1-800-234-3450 Monday through Friday 6 AM to 7 PM and Saturdays 8 AM to 4:30 PM Mountain Time."

My guess, at this time would be that your dealer doesn't want to accept Good Sam Extended Service Warranty work and the note on the desk is his way of saying "NO" to your ESP from GS.

Suggestion: Ask him specifically what it means and if he tells you that GS won't pay him, call his "bluff" (nice way to say lie) and show him the response from GS, or ask to use his phone and call GS and ask them to explain it to him, OR: you could just simply walk away and not return, EVER !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
Rock7

Slowly walking into the sunset. Also found out they will not do warranty work on campers bought elsewhere.
Claim Keystone won't let them work on any other keystone units that they don't sell.They sell Cougar and Montana. Will tell Laredo and other owners that keystone won't allow them to service their units.????
Rock7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
hankaye

Rock7, Howdy;

Who is the dealer in question...?

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:06 AM   #6
Jim W

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankaye View Post
Rock7, Howdy;

Who is the dealer in question...?

hankaye
Hankaye,
The Pontiac RV dealer in Pontiac IL. has the same sign up also. Their signs stays; "If camper was purchased elsewhere and you need warranty work for your model of camper. Than you must pay for it first and than request reimbursement from your RV company".
When I worked for Caterpillar this was also the company policy with Caterpillar. The reason is the dealer participates in the warranty work on the product. He is responsible for labor and the manufacture is responsible for parts. Guess who has the highest cost in the repair bill ?
Now if the manufacture paid for labor than any RV dealer you sells this line should be able to preform the warranty work. But I do not think this is the case, since I have seen this at multiple RV dealers.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote