Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2017, 07:22 AM   #1
wifi_guy

Demco Hijacker 6107 and MORryde Rubber Pin Box

Hey Guys,

Went out this weekend for our last camping expedition with our Keystone 417 Fuzion. Sad weekend as our season is over.

So here is the deal. I had a Pullrite Auto Glider and didn't like the idea that I had to have their adapter plate on every Pin Box/trailer I wanted to move. So I went and traded my Pullrite Auto Glider in for the Demco 6107.

(Please note, I only pulled my 417 once with the Pullrite. It had some issues with some of the pins and I just wasn't happy with it. So what I am about to describe could have been going on with the Pullrite as well, but I don't know that 100% for sure.)

So what is happening with the Demco and the MORryde pinbox is front to back jerking. This was literally the first time out with the new hitch so I had my wife get into the back seat to see what was moving back and forth. My pin box has a blue lower skid plate. The blue plate was locked in place in my hitch and was not moving. What was moving back and forth is the pin box itself. Which is normal operation to my understanding. According to the manual it will move front to back in upwards of 3 inches. But what I don't think is normal is it jerks when I stop and jerks when I take off. Almost metal on metal from the sound of it.

Anyone have experience with the MORryde Rubber Pin Boxes? In the manual it talks about Jerking and if that is the case the shear spring might need to be replaced with a different rated spring. A) How do I determine what my shear spring is rated for? B) There is a lot here, sorry for the long post.
wifi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote