Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
BullyJiggz

Maiden Voyage 2017 Cougar 21RBSWWE

Howdy All!

We picked our TT about three weeks ago. During the delivery walk through, we were very unhappy with the employee, she could have been a politician.... Anyway, during the walk through several deficiencies were pointed out to us by the dealership and we were told the parts were on order. We found several more all noted.

We had a small trip planned for four days, with power and water. We had several weeks until that trip. The dealership never contacted us, so we contacted them to get an update. Basically, they wanted us to bring the TT in so they could see the deficiencies.... AGAIN! Which bugged me as these were already noted.

Anyway, within one day of setting up, we noticed a leak near the black pipe. I held a paper towel under the drip and checked it out, definitely clean water. I would like to note, we had a water pressure regulator properly connected. So, I photographed the leak and all the "new deficiencies" we found during the trip.

Other than the issues with the dealership, we enjoyed this TT, it meets our needs perfectly. I certainly expected to have issues to work out. But I expected more service from the dealership. They tell me we might get our TT in after a five day dry camping trip. So I have ordered a jerry can to tote water when we run out.

Bottom line, I would buy this rig again. Now, for some modifications.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8065.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	436.9 KB
ID:	12958  
BullyJiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:13 AM   #2
Tbos

Sorry to hear about your issues with your dealer. Hope you get it all worked out and corrected so you can enjoy the camping season.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:04 PM   #3
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyJiggz View Post
We picked our TT about three weeks ago. During the delivery walk through, we were very unhappy with the employee, she could have been a politician....
Congrats on your new trailer and welcome. I think the most stressful part in the purchasing process of an rv is the walkthrough. Inherently to the first time buyer, it's just outright overwhelming. To those who aren't first time buyers or to those who have more RV aptitude, the walkthrough is more of a scrutinizing event as owners want to be assured of delivery of a flawless coach.

Both scenarios are easily influenced by the technician performing the "PDI". Having patience, being informative, appreciating feedback, and offering advice (and corrective action) to "deficiencies" will provide a positive buying experience. If the tech behaves poorly and misses the mark on the forementioned traits, expectations are not met and customers leave with a bitter taste in their mouths.

My walkthrough last year was a great experience as the RV tech made me feel extremely comfortable and allowed ME to be dictate the pace. He even gave me several hours to walk the unit by myself and write down anything I saw that looked "suspicious". The sales side of the dealership (on the other hand), not so much!

Anyways, I hope you get all the "deficiencies" resolved and just have fun camping!
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
BullyJiggz

busterbrown

thanks for the feedback. Before purchasing I read this Forum daily, I really learned a lot. I even watched countless youtube videos. I had expectation that there was going to be deficiencies. I also should be patient in that service departments will be crazy this time of year. I am happy with sales and the dealership in general, just not the chick that did our PDI.
BullyJiggz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21rbs, cougar