Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
dsnymom1

Interior Wall Seams

We got some water inside our Keystone Premier from a toilet not shutting off completely. Thank heavens it was clean water.

There are a couple of areas where it's peeling. What can you do for that? Is there seam tape or does anyone have any suggestions? It is on some of the wallpaper and also on the "wood" cabinet corners.

Thanks!
dsnymom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:10 PM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I would let it dry out completely maybe even run a dehumidifier to help it out. Then use a little gle to reattach it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #3
outwest

You can order seam tape from Trekwood.com, but I'd try gluing it yourself first.

Note: if you order from them, be sure to allow plenty of time for it to be shipped. For many items it can take awhile.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Wallpaper can be reglued using the following method ( works for me):
Use a damp rag, and a heat gun set on low heat. Heat the paper and then wipe with the wet rag. The hard part is knowing how much to heat the paper. Too little and the glue won't re activate, too much and the paper will curl.

Start easy with the heat gun, you can always add a little more. As for the paper on the cabinet, use some good wood glue and apply with a cheap hobby brush.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote