Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
bigceltic

Camgrounds - Accomodating Larger RV's??

Hello to everyone. I currently have a 2006 Fleetwood Niagara pop up, but my family is growing and we are looking to move up to a travel trailer. I have looked at a lot of them and think the Laredo 303TG is the one (most esp due to the full size queen bed as I am 6' 4").

One concern I have is what this trailer will do to my choice of camping sites - I grew up a tent camper and got the pop up for the wife so I like the wooded, slightly secluded spots and do not look forward to only being able to camp in a field/parking lot type arrangement, i.e., very open).

I look forward to finding out more on this topic (availability of camp sites for long TTs, esp in national and state parks).

Thanks!
Turbo Diesel Register Member
bigceltic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Although you may not have as wide and varied a selection of the type of campsites you now enjoy with your smaller pop up, you will still be able to find numerous state/federal and many private parks/campsites that will have those qualities you desire.
Most of these parks have some pull-through sites which will accommodate large rigs and make parking easier.

Two of our members, Jim W and Ruffus, have replied to your question and have offered excellent references for you which will give you detailed information on campgrounds all over North America.

(Moderator's note: I have again moved your post from the New Member Check In to the Campground category since you are looking for campground information and you have previously 'checked yourself in'.)
Old 11-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
bigceltic

Thanks. I am new to this forum thing but I will figure it out. My apologies for posting in the wrong area!
Turbo Diesel Register Member
bigceltic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:03 AM   #4
tampacamper

I've never had a problem getting mine in anywhere.
tampacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
CWtheMan

Because me and my wife both have problems with being at high altitudes for more than a day or two we have avoided your beautiful state since our RV adventures started. During our younger years we did travel through your part of the country on a number of occasions so we do have the memories.

Almost all RV Parks, Campgrounds or state & federal RV parking areas can be found on the internet and most with accompanying pictures. It’s just a matter of learning how to find them. Our most frequent searches for parking sites begins with a search of the Woodall & Trailer Life web sites. They may ask you to join but it will be free just as joining here was. State and national parks are all on the internet as are the Corp of Engineers Campgrounds around the country. Anything that has been developed or upgraded in the past twenty (or more) years will almost always accommodate RVs 35’ or longer.

Below you can see a few examples of our 38 footer on some nicely sized SP sites.

Coles Creek SP on the St. Lawrence River.
http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=15906

Roosevelt SP, Morton MS.
http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=14949

And the monster sites with 50 amp FHU at Natchez Trace SP in TN
http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=16890

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Devildogmom

I know what you mean about the crowded campgrounds. Most of the private sites are like that.

We did find a State Park in Grayling, MI that had fairly secluded sites.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
antiqfreq

I can't say as I can get in anywhere but I can say I do my homework before planning to go anywhere.
We have a 32 ft fiver which includes bike racks on the back and we just finished up traveling a year allover the country. A little planning goes a long way but I got into every National Park that I wanted to. Many National Forests or Corps of Engineer Parks.
Enjoy your camper - you won't have a lot of problems - especially private campgrounds they usually accomodate all size RV's.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote