Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
blackty

Thermostat or board?

Furnace will not run to maintain temp. After it reaches temp. and shuts off, it will not go back on by itself. I have to turn Dometic digital t-stat off and then back on to cycle. This is the one with only 3 wires (12+, 12- and comm.) Thanks...Jim
Old 06-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
f6bits

I've had mine behave in the same way, but it was a low-voltage issue when boondocking. If you can see the control board on the furnace, see if the LED is blinking. If so, do a Google search for "atwood furnace error"

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
blackty

Thanks for the reply. We are hooked up at a permanent site. Cannot see board. The only control part of the furnace that I have direct access to is the snap disc at the heat exchanger that makes sure the circulating fan works. Anything other than that, the furnace has to come out...Jim
Old 06-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
f6bits

It looks like in your trailer, the furnace intake is below the fridge. In my trailer, the furnace is just inside the intake. In fact, if it's dark, I could see the red flash of an error code. With the intake grille removed, I get a very good view of the circuit board.

Not so in your Cougar?

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
blackty

You know, I never thought of that. Just got back from the weekend 2 hours ago. It wasn't cool enough to run the heat. Also wasn't warm enough to run the a/c. If t-stat is the problem, it should probably act up in cooling mode. Before we left I did manage to remember to reset the t-stat(configure). Pg. 2 or 3 in Dometic t-stat manual. I did notice the lcd screen had a rainbow look to it. Maybe it shorted internally? Heading back Thursday evening. Thanks...Jim