Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
imdun

black tank flush line

PLEASE HELP!! I have a 2010 Montana RL3580. Went to flush out black tank and the flush line is leaking. Remove the panel inside the bay and followed the red flexible flush up to the point where it goes through the floor board I believe under the refrigerator. Can anyone tell me how to get into this area? Called the dealership where I purchased it in Indiana but they could not help me>
imdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #2
GaryWT

Good luck getting it fixed, are there any dealers close to home? Most trailers have pvc pipe bring it to the edge so I do not know about flex pipe within the structure of the trailer.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
therink

No idea how to get in there, but one would think there is a flase panel somewhere beneath the refrigerator or an adjacent cabinet. I bet the vacuum breaker for the flush line is cracked. Fairly common problem.
It appears there are floor level cabinets on either side of the refrigerator. You may want to look in those and see if there is an access panel inside one of those cabinets. Keystone isiusually pretty good about providing access to most plumbing fittings.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
imdun

vacuum breaker B&B Molders

You were right it is the vacuum breaker that is leaking. I finally cut through the wood paneling behind the refrigerator, came in through the outside vent panel, Once I could see into the area I saw that you were supposed to be able to access the vacuum breaker by removing the faucet panel in the shower but there is no real way to access it that way. If you look into the sliding door pocket which separates the bedroom from the kitchen you can see the vacuum breaker mounted on the backside of the shower. I emailed B&B molders who manufacture the vacuum breaker , and they are sending me a new one free of charge. After much research I found these vacuum breakers fail all the time. Was curious if people have similar problems with the vacuum breaker made by SAN T FLUSH as it appears to be brass?
Steve thanks a million on the advise you were right on.
imdun is offline   Reply With Quote