Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
obxfanatic

Keystone Premier 29 wheel skirt problem

Hi All:

Looking for some advice. While towing my Premier 29RTPR over the weekend, the left hand plastic wheel skirt snapped away from the mounting screws and was dangling in the breeze while driving on the interstate. I did not hit anything. It just bent back and snapped at each of the screw mounts. I had to duct tape it back against the trailer. Is this something that should be covered under warranty and repaired by an authorized dealer? My local dealer service is horrible (tough to get an appointment, and when they do get your RV, it stays on site for weeks). I won't mention the dealer here. I'm thinking it's easier just to order the part myself from the dealer and install it myself. I know Keystone is not good with covering warranty issues. Is it worth the hassle?

Tom
obxfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The cost for a replacement fender skirt could be a couple hundred dollars and shipping of an oversized item will also run into another hundred or more. So you're looking at around 3 or 4 hundred to get the part to your dealer. If your RV is new, yes it's worth the "hassle" to inquire about warranty replacement. If it is denied by Keystone (check with them if your dealer simply says it isn't or won't be covered) then before you order and pay for shipping, see if your dealer will have the part placed in his next Keystone trailer delivery from the factory. It's done quite often and shipping will be free if your dealer will order it that way. You may have to wait several weeks or months for the part to arrive, so you'll need to determine if you can wait that long for the part.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
boytimme

Skirt supports

I just discovered something regarding the skirts on my TT. I have a 2013 Bullet 248RKS. It has skirts along both sides.
While on the road I noticed in the side rear view mirror that one of the skirts was "flapping" a bit. At next stop I checked and found that the support strap from the frame to the bottom of the skirt had broken. (it's just a little, 1/2" wide aluminum lateral support) At the next campsite, I drilled a hole through both ends of the strap and installed a screw to repair it. Then checked more and found another broken strap on the other side and another completely missing. Got home and went to the hardware store, got a piece of aluminum strip, made my own straps and fixed the problem.
Check yours out. With the straps broken/missing it will just be a matter of time before the skirts break loose.

2013 Keystone Bullet 248RKS, pulled with:
2012 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCab, 3.5L V6 Eco-Boost, Max Tow Package, 7700# GVWR pkg, 3.73 Axle.
boytimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
chartrand

I had problems with my straps as well. It's at the dealer now have this and a few other items fixed.

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
cellqueen

We also have the same problem with our Keystone Bullet 246, We just got it June of this year, we took it back to the dealership and they are repairing it along with a few other problems, we also had a crack in our roof. We have already been on 5 trips though...haha.
cellqueen is offline   Reply With Quote