Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
mark4899

"D" rings

Does anyone know where I could find the same kind of "D" rings that keystone uses for their chair tie downs? I want to use 4 of them to strap down the dining chairs. Even with strapping the legs together with the 1 strap that came with the FW the chairs are falling and rubbing against each other to the point of wear, And after only 3 trips. I tried Lowe's and a local hardware store to no avail, thanks.
mark4899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark4899 View Post
Does anyone know where I could find the same kind of "D" rings that keystone uses for their chair tie downs? I want to use 4 of them to strap down the dining chairs. Even with strapping the legs together with the 1 strap that came with the FW the chairs are falling and rubbing against each other to the point of wear, And after only 3 trips. I tried Lowe's and a local hardware store to no avail, thanks.
http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ratche...FQUV7Aodki0Aqw
Old 05-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
mark4899

Thanks! just what I was looking for. Since you were so good at finding the answer how about a bonus question? The factory straps like the ones that secure the lounge chairs, where would someone find them?
mark4899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Thanks! just what I was looking for. Since you were so good at finding the answer how about a bonus question? The factory straps like the ones that secure the lounge chairs, where would someone find them?
Google is your friend...

http://customtiedowns.com/tie-downs/...FZFr7AodWwoAdQ
Old 05-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
SteveC7010

Quote:
Many of the tiedowns that Javi pointed out can also be found in the hardware section of home improvement and hardware stores. I picked up some of the larger ones for my last truck just up the street at my local True-Value.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #6
webslave

I took out our dining room table and chairs and installed one of my DW's weaving looms in their place. When I did that, I needed to make straps to anchor the loom, the chair and some other weaving supplies. I found everything I needed, from the webbing to the quick release buckles, tensioners and hooks on Amazon. Prompt shipping, a good assortment of webbing in various sizes and colors and hardware to match the webbing widths.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote