Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2022, 07:41 AM   #21
Carrottop

Sounds like a logical assumption. Either way I get it fixed sooner than later. How they handle the back end is of no concern to me.
2015 Nissan Armada 5.6
2021 Keystone Residence 40FLFT
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:31 PM   #22
yocsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrottop View Post
The dealership called this morning and said they have a technician doing work in that area tomorrow and will try to stop by and see what is going on with the slide. She did state that if he can fix it tomorrow he will otherwise they will need to make another trip. I asked if the Keystone approved the work and she stated that it is a type of repair that they would not decline so they will proceed and do the work. That is a first for me. especially one day after making the warranty claim. I will post what the repair was.
They should fix it! I'll tell you we have a 38 bhds with two slides. We have lost the floor in the small slide and developed a leak next to the super slide. We had the largest Lance truck camper they made for 16 years and never had an issue. I will never buy anything with a slide again!!!
yocsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:54 PM   #23
bsmith0404

If it’s a park model, aren’t those stick and tin? If so, my guess is that the base plate 2x2 on the slide sidewall warped a bit or doesn’t have enough fasteners in it. Should be a fairly simple fix. Sounds like the dealership is on it. If the problem doesn’t get fixed right away, I’d seal it with some exterior door and window caulk just to make sure water doesn’t get in. I know we don’t normally use caulk on RVs, but the location of this gap and the materials your dealing with (wood) I don’t see an issue.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:57 PM   #24
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by yocsr View Post
They should fix it! I'll tell you we have a 38 bhds with two slides. We have lost the floor in the small slide and developed a leak next to the super slide. We had the largest Lance truck camper they made for 16 years and never had an issue. I will never buy anything with a slide again!!!
A lot of people feel that way. I’ve had my Alpine for 10 years with 4 slides. Have never had an issue with any of them. I’ll never own an RV without them. I don’t like the tight spaces of a none slide unit.
Old 06-13-2022, 03:01 AM   #25
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yocsr View Post
I would never own a camper without slide outs. I wouldn't buy one with slide outs that are practically side by side. Ours have a pantry in between so there's about 2' of wall in between them. I wouldn't buy one with Swintec operators and hesitant on cable slides. Both of our slides are rack and pinion and have been trouble free with little maintenance required.

To me, a no slide out trailer is like living in a submarine. Every time you walk you have to turn sideways and dogs on the floor compound the problem. I've known several families that bought no slide campers starting out and ended up quickly trading in for a model with slides.

It's all a matter of personal choice but if I made a "never again" decision based on a single bad experience there would be a long list of "never again" things. There are some "never again" brands or designs I wouldn't buy again but I chalk those experiences to a learning experience and knowing what to look for the next time.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:48 AM   #26
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
To me, a no slide out trailer is like living in a submarine. Every time you walk you have to turn sideways and dogs on the floor compound the problem. I've known several families that bought no slide campers starting out and ended up quickly trading in for a model with slides.

When I was in sales and someone was trading in a model without slides and i asked them what their must haves were in the new trailer, 99.99% of the time the first thing out of their mouth was slide outs.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:09 AM   #27
wiredgeorge

Doesn't really matter what your druther is to someone else guys. Everyone has there own. You know, the old expression... "to each his own"?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 06:28 AM   #28
Carrottop

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I’d like to see that repair. I’m thinking it will entail jacking up the floor and using lags.
Well,

They finally were able to finish this repair. They came out the first time to assess it and returned with jacks and i believe lag screws to repair. It took a little longer as there were a few other issues they wanted to deal with and were waiting for parts. Here are some photos of the repair. Not sure about how they covered the holes they made in the Darco but it looks sealed up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0378[1].jpg
Views:	71
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	40548

Name:	IMG_0379[1].jpg
Views:	63
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	40549

Name:	IMG_0381[1].jpg