Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2022, 09:29 PM   #1
Dlawhun

Replace Interior Sliding Passage Door Track

Need to replace the ceiling mounted track for my 2018 Hideout 26RLS TT Interior (sliding) Passage door. I reached out to my normal / usual source & they offered up the following . . .

https://elkrv.com/products/door-trac...72070f6e&_ss=r

But I also checked the dealership's Trekwood RV Parts link on their web site specifying 2018 Hideout Passage Door & came up with . . .

https://www.trekwood.com/products/10...old-Door-White

The elkrv link states it's a "pocket door" while the trekwood link states it's for a "Bifold" door. Maybe it's a matter of semantics but my idea of a pocket door is that it disappears into a recess while a bifold obviously folds. My passage door is one-piece (hollow core), does not have a fold and is more what I would call barn door style, mounted on the bedroom side & snugs the bedroom wall on the upper 48" track & lower door guide.

elkrv quotes $54.99 w/ free shipping while trekwood quotes $8.55 + shipping (TBD).

Any experience w/ this or other guidance? I'm almost inclined--depending on the shipping quote--to "try" the trekwood option.
Dlawhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 04:34 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

What they call it is immaterial in relation to the track. Essentially it's a pocket door less one wall. Molding covers the one side instead of a wall. Curious though, why do you need the track? Typically the door holders mounted on the floor break causing the doors to swing away from the wall or a carrier wheel might break.

If you have the track removed take it to a hardware or home improvement store and compare it to what they have. Treckwood is like buying groceries at 7-11, the cost is very high when they add in S&H.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:43 PM   #3
Dlawhun

Tks flyboy...

RE: "Why": I didn't have the door properly secured for what must have been a pretty bumpy leg of a trip resulting in the door becoming detached from one hanger & I guess it torqued enuf violently that the track near the remaining hanger got mangled / out of square to where the door now hangs up when I slide it. I could possibly pull it down & try to straighten out the kinks but I'd kinda prefer OEM quality.

RE: Taking it to a hardware / home improvement store...I did find an almost identical match @ HD but it's only 36" vs. my 48"...so close. I didn't note the brand / mfr @ the time & of course I now can't even find the 36" one on HD's site...but will continue down this rabbit hole further.

Tks again for the feedback / suggestions.

P.S. I'm also exploring what is the best fastener, e.g., Anchor, Expansion, Toggle, etc. to (re)secure the door strap to the door & the bottom door guide to the wall. The simple OEM screws into hollow doors / walls just isn't cutting it. I'm presently leaning Expansion or Toggle as it would seem somewhat pointless to try to Anchor in a largely hollow space.
Dlawhun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rack