Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2022, 11:06 AM   #1
wegone

I'm BACK.....

Not that I expect anyone to care

Grandson Max was fine after his COVID associated hospitalization, as were everyone else down in Southern California.

Tho the spring in the Pacific Northwest seems to be hiding, weather wise, it sure is nice to be back in weather I don't burn in, smelling like bacon on a griddle.

All the new parts have finally arrived to fix my trailer, but we will miss our first trip of the year taking our kayaks and fishing for trout on the shore of a lake, that we were scheduled to leave Monday.

Diving 1300 miles (one way) was a snap, even at 80 I was passed by the very light traffic, even in the bigger cities along I-5.

Oregon has the best gas prices by far, California is CRAZY, I saw 7 bucks a gallon for the cheapest, but most stations were around 6.

No shortage of gas, no lines, etc.

Diesel was a buck more everywhere than unleaded.

Saw the E-85 for 3.99 a gallon at some stations in California, but was told not to burn it in my Honda HRV.

Saw one real ugly incident where a big rig lost control, perhaps its brakes, coming down the Grapevine in California....

I didn't see what caused it, or if anyone else was involved, as the dirt/dust it kicked up caused an almost brown out, to us traveling right behind them.

I was able to glance over as I passed by, slowly....the cab was upright, tho badly damaged, the trailer ripped wide open exposing its cargo....

HEY..... gotta go, just saw a email re: the trailer asking about picking it up....YEAH

BE SAFE EVERYONE.....

Enjoy the open roads while they last
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 11:13 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
Not that I expect anyone to care

Grandson Max was fine after his COVID associated hospitalization, as were everyone else down in Southern California.

Tho the spring in the Pacific Northwest seems to be hiding, weather wise, it sure is nice to be back in weather I don't burn in, smelling like bacon on a griddle.

All the new parts have finally arrived to fix my trailer, but we will miss our first trip of the year taking our kayaks and fishing for trout on the shore of a lake, that we were scheduled to leave Monday.

Diving 1300 miles (one way) was a snap, even at 80 I was passed by the very light traffic, even in the bigger cities along I-5.

Oregon has the best gas prices by far, California is CRAZY, I saw 7 bucks a gallon for the cheapest, but most stations were around 6.

No shortage of gas, no lines, etc.

Diesel was a buck more everywhere than unleaded.

Saw the E-85 for 3.99 a gallon at some stations in California, but was told not to burn it in my Honda HRV.

Saw one real ugly incident where a big rig lost control, perhaps its brakes, coming down the Grapevine in California....

I didn't see what caused it, or if anyone else was involved, as the dirt/dust it kicked up caused an almost brown out, to us traveling right behind them.

I was able to glance over as I passed by, slowly....the cab was upright, tho badly damaged, the trailer ripped wide open exposing its cargo....

HEY..... gotta go, just saw a email re: the trailer asking about picking it up....YEAH

BE SAFE EVERYONE.....

Enjoy the open roads while they last
welcome back!…i thought you could only tow at 55 in Cali
Old 05-06-2022, 11:21 AM   #3
wegone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
welcome back!…i thought you could only tow at 55 in Cali
HAHA......laws are made to be broken, in California

I wasn't towing, but they were passing me.

OH, I saw one guy towing a travel trailer in a brand new Chevy truck, in the FAST LANE refusing to move over forcing folks to go around him....
He was swaying like crazy at 75 mph.

As I approached him I figured out why, I couldn't see his mirrors so he couldn't even see what was aside of him....OH MY.
As I passed him I saw no sway bars either.

I passed him 3 times, never saw him again after Sacramento...
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote