Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2022, 07:12 AM   #21
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Thanks guys!
My spare is, for better or worse, stored inside the front compartment. I'm going to have to look to see how it is fastened in.
I appreciate the links. Since it is too cold for this old guy to get down on the ground today to look at the back of a wheel or two, I'll peruse those links to see if I can find one that looks like what I already have.

The picture is of a "snap-in" rubber stem like a HP-500 not a bolt-in metal stem like a TR416.

One other thing to consider is protecting the spare tire from the Sun's heat. There are a number of posts of bumper mounted spares that failed at zero miles. If your new tires have Nylon in the belt (you can read this on the tire sidewall) they are less likely to suffer from this faiure but they are still being damaged by the sun's heat.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:46 AM   #22
Sherwolfe

I am buying a matching wheel so I can rotate my spare. Just hate to see a expensive Goodyear Endurance tire setting on the mount wasting away. I will put it on the ground and run it just to get some wear out of it. Yeah, I know seems silly to spend money for the extra matching wheel but hey at least should I have a flat all the wheels will match

BTW, I also found a site called TrailerSetGo that sells trailer wheels for less than most other sites and includes free shipping.
2019 Magnetic Gray F250 Lariat Super Duty, Screw, 6.2L, 4x4, 3:73 Electronic Locking Gear, Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover
Sherwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:06 AM   #23
Folkie

Looking for quality 502 type valve stems

When we picked up our camper from the storage lot last week I noticed our passenger side tires were bulged along the circumference of the tread compared to the driver's side.

The Goodyear store had new tires in stock (722) but was unable to get metal stems. Yet another thing that appears to be in short supply. So I had to have the new tires mounted with the old HP rubber stems in order to take our trip this past weekend. I was able to find the type TR416 on Amazon and they came yesterday. Now I am concerned that they will not fit the wheels which are the same as in post #6.

Saw this post and it looks like I need the type 502 stems. My problem is I can't find any for sale that list length dimensions or with positive reviews. Can someone recommend a quality brand and a retailer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220405_081110.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	39218   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220405_082133.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	39219  
Old 04-12-2022, 08:38 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

I ordered my 502 HP stems from Amazon. Got them in 2 days. If you need them quicker check a motorcycle shop iof there are any close by as IIRC they are used on bike rims.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 09:05 AM   #25
Folkie

Marshall, Thanks for the reply. I only found one seller on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Flus...ps%2C62&sr=8-3

The listing had material as pure copper, aluminum or chrome in different parts of the description. The negative reviews say they are cheaply constructed and leak. Didn't inspire confidence in the purchase and I don't want to create any new problems. Any chance you recall who you ordered from? If not I'll try your other suggestion.

Phil
Old 04-12-2022, 10:17 AM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

Google it, you'll find them on Ebay as well as other sites.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires