Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2022, 06:22 AM   #1
mlaw33

Finding wheel bearing parts

I致e done some general web searching, but where can I find what are the right wheel bearings etc part numbers and what are some good places to order from?
mlaw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 06:49 AM   #2
ChuckS

crawl under the RV and look at the tag that should be on one of those Axles..Dexter most likely..

Should be 7K axles... since its a 2019 the wheel bearings and races shouldn't be needing replaced if they have been properly taken care of...

The 10-36 DL seal is available at many on line sights and sone auto ports store... Make sure its double lipped.

This service manual will help you with the sizes of parts, the proper procedure for the initial wheel bearing torque and backing the nut off and finger tighten only

https://www.dexteraxle.com/user_area...ice_manual.pdf

If you use the 10-36 DL grease seals I have used these for the last several years.. never an issue

https://www.amazon.com/WPS-Trailer-G...62821593&psc=1

And don't let someone tell you that Timken is the best.. they aren't...

The OEM Dexter wheel bearings and races are very good

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 06:59 AM   #3
ChuckS

If you wanna look around for grease seals here is a PDF with several different places to look around at
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dexter 7K axle inner bearing seal.pdf (1.51 MB, 76 views)

Old 03-14-2022, 07:14 AM   #4
mlaw33

Thanks. That pdf is gold!
mlaw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 06:38 AM   #5
SLance

Wheel Bearings

Has anyone replaced the wheel bearings on their 2019 Cougar 368mbi. I am looking to see what the specific part number would be for the wheel bearings.

Thank you,

Scott
SLance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 07:05 AM   #6
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLance View Post
Has anyone replaced the wheel bearings on their 2019 Cougar 368mbi. I am looking to see what the specific part number would be for the wheel bearings.

Thank you,

Scott
At 3-4 years old they shouldn't need replaced just yet, unless they have tens of thousands miles on them without any maintenance.
Once you've removed them for a good hand pack job you could write the numbers from the bearings at that time.
In 10+ years of fulltiming I carried 1 spare bearing set & 4-5 seals as the seals were needed annually when packed the bearings.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 08:29 AM   #7
SLance

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
At 3-4 years old they shouldn't need replaced just yet, unless they have tens of thousands miles on them without any maintenance.
Once you've removed them for a good hand pack job you could write the numbers from the bearings at that time.
In 10+ years of fulltiming I carried 1 spare bearing set & 4-5 seals as the seals were needed annually when packed the bearings.

Thank you. I have not done maintenance on them as of yet. The trips I have taken are relatively short distance. But I have taken the camper to Key West and New Jersey. Again thank you for the information.

Scott
SLance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 09:07 AM   #8
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLance View Post
Thank you. I have not done maintenance on them as of yet. The trips I have taken are relatively short distance. But I have taken the camper to Key West and New Jersey. Again thank you for the information.

Scott
You are way overdue routine annual/12K mile bearing and brake inspection and bearing maintenance..

If it were mine that would be the first ting done before the RV is towed again

Old 03-16-2022, 01:33 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

^^^ What ChuckS said....

Right now, you have two axles under your trailer that may or may not have been shipped with properly lubricated, assembled and adjusted bearings and brakes. It's time, after 3 or 4 years of neglect, to disassemble the hubs, inspect the bearings and races and if they are still serviceable, repack them, reassemble the hubs and adjust the brakes.

If there is any damage or any wear identified, then replace the bearings/races and the brakes if needed. It's "as cheap" and MUCH EASIER to replace the entire brake backing plate, shoes and magnet assembly as it is to order brake shoes and magnet, have to take everything apart and then try to figure out how to put it all back together.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote