Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2022, 06:58 AM   #1
RVPackmates

390DS Water in Passthrough

I have a 2022 Avalanche 390DS (White O' Morn). I went to get something out of the passthrough (a.k.a the basement) two weeks ago and found water under my Tupperware tubs. The rest of the floor was dry so I figured it was just condensation. We dried the floor and I put a damp rid in the basement to help keep things dry. Then this last weekend I found the same thing. I took the wall down by the water bay and found it was damp at the bottom as well. I ran the shower to see if I could see any leaks and found none. Also ran the water pump (a.k.a Granny Grunt) and once it got up to pressure it stopped and stayed quite with no apparent leaks. We have put a water sensor in the area to let us know if there is a leak.
My Wife and I do not currently live in the rig yet, however my mother does and has not heard anything from the sensor. We are going over on the weekends to get things setup for our full-time living. While over there my wife and I do take showers in the morning.

Question: Has anyone had this issue and where did you find the leak?

thank you all in advance for your help.
RVPackmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:21 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I don't have your trailer but I have had water leaks on brand new trailers. One of the first things I do is go over every water connection with them under pressure looking for leaks, and I've found one every time. Pull the panel in the basement down and check all the connections in there as well. I've even had them that seemed like they only wanted to leak when the water was running so I have DW turn the water on at each location as I check the connections. Loose connections, crooked/squashed cone washers....no telling what you might find.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 02:13 PM   #3
CedarCreekWoody

Water on floor of bathroom (shower over spray, cleaning, etc.) can leak into the basement from around the toilet base. Check for that.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water