Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2022, 08:21 AM   #1
Wild Willy

Battery and charging problems

Mornin', also new to this. The batteries don't seem to hold a charge, everything is off. and they did not hold over night. Here is another interesting point, when I plugged in the camper this morning there was an arc, I assume that was the battery charger doing that. And the truck does not charge them when traveling either.
Wild Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 08:38 AM   #2
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Willy View Post
Mornin', also new to this. The batteries don't seem to hold a charge, everything is off. and they did not hold over night. Here is another interesting point, when I plugged in the camper this morning there was an arc, I assume that was the battery charger doing that. And the truck does not charge them when traveling either.
wild Willy you should start a new thread or post in the technical post , doing that keeps the confusion away from the op post . With a signature and the RV you’re having trouble with have a good day.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 08:51 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

These posts have been moved to a new thread which hopefully will better address the OP's issues.

I believe the OP has a 2022 Cougar 26RBS travel trailer.

OP, please create a signature with the information in it so there's no confusion about which trailer model you're having problems with. Thanks

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 10:03 AM   #4
travelin texans

There is a fuse in the truck for the charge line that's either not installed or blown. Don't know what truck you have, but on GMs it was in the fuse box under the hood in my past trucks.
On the rv is the battery disconnect near the batteries in the "on/connected" position? If not you'll have no battery charging when plugged into shore power.
Typically rv dealers put the cheapest battery available in new rigs, most are cranking type batteries not suited for rv use. If there's CCA, CA orMCA listed on top they're cranking batteries.
Also if your batteries have been totally dead more than once they're probably toast & need replaced. Contact your rv dealer & have add new group 27 rv type batteries, which is what should've been there to start.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote