Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2021, 11:29 AM   #41
pjinthedacks

You might look into Green Zone Bikes in Sugar Land, Texas. They have reasonably priced conversion kits. We bought two of the 26-inch kits to install on our new bikes. Living in New York, the spring snows haven't ended yet so we have not put them on. However, the company was very easy to work with and responded very quickly to our questions. In our opinion, it is a good way to get started with e-bikes without a huge investment.
https://www.greenzonebikes.com/
pjinthedacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:04 PM   #42
sandy43

E-Bikes

We have a pair of Lectric E-Bikes that cost less than a grand a bike. We carry them everywhere we take the RV. No problems at all. Several folks that travel with us have the same bikes. We average about 30 miles with a fully charged battery. Never a problem with any park we go to. It's become a necessity with us older folks. Below is picture of the Bike and how we carry them. So much fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2207.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	33074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2236.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	33076  

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:25 PM   #43
Jim2366

Liability Insurance is not provided by your home or auto insurance if you are riding and injure someone. You might not care if the bike is covered but it is important to buy an insurance policy much like a motorcycle policy to protect your assets. The annual premium of $100 is less than one visit to your attorney. Its a crazy world.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:19 AM   #44
Steve/

Another vote for Lectric E-Bikes, have had mine for 2 year and enjoy it. I have a friend that bought 2 of these (him and wife). He now has 1600 miles on his. Has only need to replace brakes pads.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:44 PM   #45
jasin1

Rented ebikes today to give them a try. The brand was Electra ..they make all kinds of bikes besides ebikes.
These were “Electra townie go”. They retail for about $1500 . This is based on their regular cruiser/around town bike “townie” model .

They were really nice but they are only pedal assist bikes..
They do not have a throttle like a motorcycle or scooter. You have to pedal to move but you only pedal a revolution or two and it steps in and helps you.

It’s kinda like when you were a kid and your parents would push you along while you pedaled until you could do it yourself. It really helps on hills,hardly takes any effort at all.. has three levels of assist/ speeds

We probably did about 10-12 miles and the battery level never changed.
I’m probably gonna look at the lectric brand as they have a throttle as well as peddle assist
Old 05-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #46
Miloski

I would recommend that you rent them first a few times before you buy because like everything else if you go cheap that's what you get.
We have Bulls with a Bosch drive unit and yes there spendy, but we love them and ride more and further then we ever could. Ours are pedal assist, that mean you have to pedal to go anywhere. A lot of ebikes propel you without you pedaling and these in many municipalities are considered motorized vehicle and not allowed on trail systems.
We've ridden the Trail of The Coeur d'Alene from Mullen to Plummer across the Idaho Panhandle and back. We did the Hiawatha and rode from Tacoma to Portland to name a few. We would never of thought about these trips on standard bikes and it also shows the versatility of these bikes.
Miloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:04 AM   #47
dmcminn

I just purchase two of these Lectric e-bikes (v2) and I am very pleased with them. We had v1, with no suspension and really liked them. They are heavy and without the battery in them they weigh about 60 lbs each. I do not carry them on my factory installed 5th wheel hitch, just don't trust it. I put them in the back of my F350. Cost is currently $999 w/no accessories.
dmcminn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bike