Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2021, 12:36 AM   #1
Jim55

Front windshield on Cougar

It seems that all the new Cougar fifth wheels now come with the front window in the nose. For those that have these windows. . . what are your thoughts on them?

For weekend users I would think the window would be fine. But I’m a full-timer and they would seem to present a lot of problems. In the hot weather they would be a tremendous heat source and in cold weather just the opposite. There would be great heat loss.

Just curious what those that have them think of them. Thanks
Jim55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:19 AM   #2
JDDilly

We have one in our MHC and love it. It adds a lot of light in the living area, we have a front living room. We are not full time, but spend weeks/months at a time in the summer and hopefully the winter months.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:43 AM   #3
Javi

Our Avalanche 313RS has a front window and the DW loves it.. and will frequently raise the blind to look out at the neighbors.

me, I'm completely devoid of feeling on the subject... If the blind is up when I enter the bedroom, I look out... if not.. I don't.

As to heat or cold.. We've camped nearly every other weekend for 13 months in it and have experienced temperatures ranging from the low 20's to 100 degrees in full sun and I haven't noticed a problem.. but I have two 15K A/C units..
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:19 AM   #4
Ken / Claudia

I would not want another front window on any RV. That said I would not pass up a RV if everything else was what I or WE wanted.
On a TT its a great place for rocks to hit, in wet climates another place for leakage during towing in rain that could be forcing water up into it. Parked in the rain water running down into it.
On a 5er not many rocks will hit it unless they bounce off the truck first. On my AF truck camper the front window leaked and also cracked the filon around the bottom. They quit installing them 2 years after mine was made for those reasons. Many years past on other truck campers and TTs I owned front windows where a maintenance issue.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:11 AM   #5
Jim55

Thanks for the replies
Jim55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:14 AM   #6
behrmr

Mine has one also. The wife and I like it dark and it really generates a lot of heat when the sun hits so I covered the interior with Reflectix which made a huge difference.
behrmr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar