Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #21
travelin texans

I don't have any direct experience with the Snap Pads, but do have a couple friends that both have them, both of which say they wouldn't buy them again mostly due to the ridiculous prices & other than softening the landing on concrete or asphalt they don't offer any help with adding height if needed.
Personally I chose to buy a couple sets of Lynx Levelers, got rid of the truck load of lumber used prior, they stack nicely, can be used under the tires if needed, fit into one milk crate & weigh next to nothing. Add however many needed to each jack or stabilizer to shorten their stroke & done.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:52 PM   #22
jasin1

As I stated earlier I have the snap pads…..I started thinking about them today after reading and I am wondering if they trap moisture?
They are a pain to take off to check…I believe they have drain holes but I would think a fair amount of water is still trapped till it evaporates.

Hope it doesn’t reduce my landing pads to a pile of rust
Old 08-16-2021, 11:10 AM   #23
RVGator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
As I stated earlier I have the snap pads…..I started thinking about them today after reading and I am wondering if they trap moisture?
They are a pain to take off to check…I believe they have drain holes but I would think a fair amount of water is still trapped till it evaporates.

Hope it doesn’t reduce my landing pads to a pile of rust
That is one of the concerns I have. I have enough problems with rust here on the coast of Florida, I certainly don’t want to compound the problem by having moisture trapped.
20k Reese Goosebox
RVGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:39 PM   #24
Bandit12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
I just have a large stack of 2x12x12s that I use.
Troy
I carry eight pieces of wood with me in my cargo bay. Each one measures 4x8x18. Now you may ask yourself why would you need to carry that much cribbing, you'll never need it. Maybe, maybe not. A camping weekend at the lake for Memorial day this year, I needed two under each of the rear leveling jacks, and one under each leg on the rear door steps along with a piece of 2x8 on top of each block. On our last trip, I had a camping neighbor that had the front jacks on his fiver fail and retracted fully. He only had a few pieces of 2x4 and a single bottle jack. I offered assistance and using both his and my bottle jacks, and most of my 4x8 cribbing we were able to get his rig jacked high enough to get it back level until he was able to get it fixed the next day.

As far as the OP topic goes, I have snap pads on order for my rig and they are supposed to be delivered tomorrow. They were actually less expensive to order direct from the manufacturer than anywhere else I could find, including Amazon and eBay.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 05:18 AM   #25
RickV

I have six of these and two that are half height. I use em under every jack, the half height ones I use when the ground is not level enough for the full ones. I have found that the more your jacks have to extend the more movement you have inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210820_8113.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	35334  

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 04:09 PM   #26
Bandit12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
I have six of these and two that are half height. I use em under every jack, the half height ones I use when the ground is not level enough for the full ones. I have found that the more your jacks have to extend the more movement you have inside.
I tried using my 4x8s under my jacks at home and they gave me an out of stroke error on extension. As near as I could figure, they jacks wouldn't extend enough to allow the system to auto level. As soon as I removed the blocks, the system auto leveled without issue.
Old 08-20-2021, 04:37 PM   #27
JDDilly

I always use blocks under mine. They are about 12" square 6" tall. They work great and I never get any errors.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 05:06 PM   #28
RickV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
I tried using my 4x8s under my jacks at home and they gave me an out of stroke error on extension. As near as I could figure, they jacks wouldn't extend enough to allow the system to auto level. As soon as I removed the blocks, the system auto leveled without issue.
What I do is after disconnecting the 5er and moving the truck I lower the front jacks all the way down and then auto level. Works every time (so far) I have the Equalizer Smart Level System.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 06:20 PM   #29
sandy43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGator View Post
That is one of the concerns I have. I have enough problems with rust here on the coast of Florida, I certainly don’t want to compound the problem by having moisture trapped.
They don't trap water. I changed them from one RV to another a couple years back and no rust. I did spray the plate before installing with a good Teflon lubricant.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 11:57 AM   #30
Bandit12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
What I do is after disconnecting the 5er and moving the truck I lower the front jacks all the way down and then auto level. Works every time (so far) I have the Equalizer Smart Level System.
On our bumper pull, once I unhitch and select auto level, the system lowers or extends the tongue jack to get the rig close to level, fore/aft, then extends the front leveling jacks until they are firmly down. Next, it retracts the tongue jack so no weight is on it. Then it fine tunes fore/aft level, side to side level, drops the rear jacks, fine tunes full level once more and finally grounds each individual jack. We have the Lippert ground control 3.0 system.

Side note, I received my Snap Pads yesterday. Front ones installed easily, the rears, had to get my wife to come help run the jacks while I monitored the pads getting snapped on the jacks. So far, I like them.

Tags
jacks