Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2021, 11:00 AM   #1
flyingjack

Black tank flush

Question regarding a favorite topic; sewage. Does anybody have an opinion on what after market replacement to use for 2013 Mountaineer black tank flush. Watched a youtube and guy tried a unit that wouldn't fit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jack
flyingjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 11:07 AM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjack View Post
Question regarding a favorite topic; sewage. Does anybody have an opinion on what after market replacement to use for 2013 Mountaineer black tank flush. Watched a youtube and guy tried a unit that wouldn't fit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jack
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Degr...19959123&psc=1
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 02:32 PM   #3
flyingjack

Javi, thanks for the info; but I'm actually looking for the factory onboard black tank flush replacement. It is a separate system the supposedly sprays debris off the walls & bottom of black tank. The factory spray nozzle is an internal tank spray that is pretty lame. Our 2013 Mountaineer system clogged up very early on. I need to remove bottom insulation to access and replace black tank dump valve so thought I would try to fix black tank flush "nozzle" while in the area.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:00 PM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjack View Post
Javi, thanks for the info; but I'm actually looking for the factory onboard black tank flush replacement. It is a separate system the supposedly sprays debris off the walls & bottom of black tank. The factory spray nozzle is an internal tank spray that is pretty lame. Our 2013 Mountaineer system clogged up very early on. I need to remove bottom insulation to access and replace black tank dump valve so thought I would try to fix black tank flush "nozzle" while in the area.
I'm thinking that you'll have to pull the one you have because Keystone used nearly every one on the market and they all are different. I rarely use mine, I find it to not be as effective as the one I posted.. at least for my trailer. YMMV
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 06:26 PM   #5
bobbecky

Not sure about the tank layout on your rig, but on our 2012, the drain valve is at the rear end of the tank and the flush sprayer is at the front end of the tank, so for access, you will need to drop the entire coroplast to get to it, or at least drop the front portion of the coroplast. I've flushed our tank just about 52 times a year for the entire time we have had the rig, and have never had any problems with the flush system. We full time and with the two of us, weekly draining of the black tank is at the almost full level, and this works well. This is a photo of the flush line where it connects at the front of the black tank, so not sure what you would be able to do to unclog the sprayer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank flush line.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	35287  
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:35 AM   #6
flyingjack

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I will have to remove a big section of coroplast insulation to expose drain valve and tank flush. It appears I may have to replace the entire trailer coroplast or just piece meal in a section after cutting. A job I'm not looking forward to.
Jack
Old 08-17-2021, 03:11 PM   #7
bobbecky

Save yourself some grief and don't cut the coroplast. It will flex, so drop a portion where you need access and then reattach it when you have made the repair. You likely will find there is the coroplast with a layer of bubble wrap like material loose on top of the coroplast, so not any real insulation.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank