Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2021, 09:40 AM   #1
Paul Cartland

Where to locate remote inverter panel

I just purchased a 2021 Cougar 30 RLS. I had the dealer install a solar panel and an inverter. both devices are located in the driver's side pass through. Although both have optional remote displays the dealer did not mention them. The solar display is semi viewable if you open the pass through door, but the inverter display is upside down and backwards. I purchased a remote display for the Xantrex inverter. It requires a 6 pin telephone cable. I'm trying to determine where best to locate the remote panel for ease of running the wire before I cut a hole to mount it. Ideally I would get the remote panel for the solar as well and mount them near each other.

Any suggestions on the easiest place to be able to run the wire?
Thanks
pulled with a 2021 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
Paul Cartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:45 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cartland View Post
I just purchased a 2021 Cougar 30 RLS. I had the dealer install a solar panel and an inverter. both devices are located in the driver's side pass through. Although both have optional remote displays the dealer did not mention them. The solar display is semi viewable if you open the pass through door, but the inverter display is upside down and backwards. I purchased a remote display for the Xantrex inverter. It requires a 6 pin telephone cable. I'm trying to determine where best to locate the remote panel for ease of running the wire before I cut a hole to mount it. Ideally I would get the remote panel for the solar as well and mount them near each other.

Any suggestions on the easiest place to be able to run the wire?
Thanks
I plan to run mine on the wall where my iN·Command screen is …looks like I can take the panel wall loose in basement and get to it
Old 07-11-2021, 05:30 PM   #3
ssthrd

In my Laredo 292RL, I mounted my inverter where yours is then drilled a hole for the wire thru the cubby floor. I then zip tied it to the black iron gas line and ran it to the hot and cold water low point drains where they hook onto the lines to the kitchen sink in the island above. Easy to fish the wire through. Sealed the holes. Mounted the remote switch to a wall of the island.

2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax
ssthrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:04 PM   #4
Paul Cartland

Great idea, thanks so much.
pulled with a 2021 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
Paul Cartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 11:52 PM   #5
ssthrd

Forgot to mention that In my case the switch came hard wired so I had to install the switch first and fish the wire down thru the hole after that. The switch plate would not fit thru the hole. Kinda had to work backwards.

2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax
ssthrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:10 AM   #6
BookPaul74

I cheated and used an inverter brand that I used for years in a semi truck and had no problem with but went with a newer model. It’s controlled by Bluetooth.

The controller I used for the solar has an module that you plug in and it to can give you access to the parameters and you monitor what it’s doing with Bluetooth. They both not real high end but they are doing what I need done.

I purchased the inverter at the truck stop in town because I needed it then and they only had the 1500 watt model in stock. I started looking for the 3000 watt.

The controller came with the entire solar system but during the winter I had mounted a wire to it incorrectly and decided to order a new one. Once I switch it out I saw the problem and now have a spare.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5EF68F0D-6F93-4989-B33B-689C5C61EEF1.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	610.9 KB
ID:	34657   Click image for larger version

Name:	C89903E2-EDB1-4C5D-A734-583EFB594C83.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	552.2 KB
ID:	34658  
BookPaul74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags