Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2019, 07:25 AM   #21
rjniles

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of a tripped GFCI?

BTW a non contact tester is a poor choice, too many false indications. Get a real multiimeter.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:40 AM   #22
sdetweil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjniles View Post
Has anyone mentioned the possibility of a tripped GFCI?

BTW a non contact tester is a poor choice, too many false indications. Get a real multiimeter.
I spent 2 years trying to resolve a non-working outlet for my washing machine in my house.. black was hot, white was dead!...

finally called an electrician to trace the wire and determine what we were going to have to do to solve it..
turned out to be a GFCI behind the washer (on pedestal) that controlled two outlets..
and wired wrong.. it tripped the ground leg, not the hot leg!!.. a non-contact meter said both legs were hot... which was not true
Old 05-05-2019, 08:10 AM   #23
Local150

Kind of different but somewhat the same, had one of the gfi outlets had gone bad and caused funny problems in the front of the TV and the back as well,, when I found the problem the gfi was a little melted,, replaced and everything has been good for 3 years
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:12 AM   #24
Ppk123

When you fine the culprit(s) please post, as my 2008 Montana is experiencing a very similar problem. No power in the bedroom circuits not the GFI white and black wire hot in the kitchen. Refrigerator did not work on AC work Fine on 12 volts until the batteries went dead. Charge the batteries works fine on 12 V now still have a white and black hot in the kitchen. Will be interested in hearing what fixed your problem.
Ppk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:35 AM   #25
pakuma

I had the same problem with my 29RK fiver. I found the the gfci outlet in the bathroom was wired backwards and blown. Replaced it and wired it properly and everything worked.
I hope this helps.
pakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:38 AM   #26
CampNBrew2

Like others mentioned: Check GFCI outlet wiring and operation using the tester, or multimeter. Then check the receptacle in question. NC voltage detectors are really only good to see if something is going to bite you, but can give false readings. Always verify with a multimeter!
2015 Honda CRF250L (Wifes)
Camping, home brewing, and dirt bikes!
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical