Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #1
4LowNGo

19 Passport 2670

So my wife and I were really interested in this unit . The dealer I want to deal with say they were discontinued and stop being made in July before 2019! I see other dealers on the net with them but that would mean buying from a dealer I dont know I can trust when it comes to buying and or service. I guess I just dont get why you discontinue a 19 model before the year 2019.Ok I'm done venting now...
4LowNGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Of 34 floorplans on the Keystone Passport website page, 16 are "stock only" (being discontinued) and 13 are "new" (introductory phase in models). It appears that only 5 models are being carried forward. https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-tr...t/floorplans/#

Keystone usually begins the model year in March of the preceeding year (2019 models introduced in 2018 and 2020 models introduced in 2019). They announce discontinued models throughout the production run. Realistically, right now is the "shutdown/changeover" time frame for the 2020 models which will begin appearing on dealer lots in about 60-90 days.

If a dealership ordered or was "force shipped" several trailers, their inventory might reflect several discontinued models while a nearby dealership may not have any of that floorplan based on previous customer sales and/or inventory orders that they failed to anticipate a need or simply not wanting to have excess inventory on the lot. Remember, all dealerships usually buy inventory from the factory, so your dealership is probably paying interest on the "pack loan" he has negotiated with his bank. Depending on his credit limit and his desire to keep inventory on his lot, he may not have anticipated the demand for that model. So goes the inventory availability at almost every dealership. it's a "juggling game" of having what sells and paying for what doesn't sell and that changes with the seasons, the customers and the trends in RV buying...

If you can't find what you want at one dealership, he may be able to get it from another dealer, but unlike automobile dealers, there isn't a "dealer network" with agreements to move inventory around, so he may not be able to find you the model you want, you may be forced to go elsewhere for that model or accept what he can get that's similar.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #3
Retired Copper

I doubt that the floor plan will be discontinued. Model number and some changes yes. I seen where the graphic, color, and a new nose cap are going on the grand touring and the line up is changing. As far as service I haven`t had anything that wasn`t simple enough for me to do. A good PDI should help with any major issues just go over it with a fine tooth comb and witness it on shore power and under water hook up. That is if you really want that model from another dealer. I am sure the late 2019 model will have a similar floor plan if you like the dealer. A good dealer with a great service department is a major plus.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:27 AM   #4
Tbos

It looks like the 2820 has a very similar layout. Maybe that one will work if your dealer can’t get one from another dealer as mentioned previously.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport