Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2017, 10:12 AM   #1
SCGatl

175LHS Mattress size?

Hi folks - I had the guys where I store my TT measure the mattress, and the size is 74" x 57". It seems most of the short queens are 74 x 60, so wondering if they measured incorrectly or if there is really an oddball size?

I dont want to order one that won't fit into the space since it is the sideways dimension that is shorter, and it would take me 45 minutes to go measure myself.

Anyone have a 175LHS Hideout that could give some guidance?

Thanks!
Steve (Atlanta GA area)
SCGatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
busterbrown

I'm pretty sure the standard "size" short queen is 74"x60", which is utilized in most coaches where space is a commodity. I highly doubt Keystone precures mattresses in 'non-traditional' sizes for its entry level coaches. I say, have them measure it again. Or have them measure the "platform space" the mattress will occupy. A short queen should work. I question a "full size" as they are even smaller than 74x57 (75x54 I think).
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:06 AM   #3
SCGatl

Thanks BusterBrown - I will carve out the time to go do it myself, and will take out the sagging one at the same time. Hopefully I can donate it somewhere.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:20 AM   #4
Johnny's Journey

Just for fun I'm going to measure the mattress in my unit. The first few nights I slept in it I felt like a giant one way and midget the other way.
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:05 AM   #5
SCGatl

Thanks Johnny! I am 5' 9" and am not used to having my feet over the edge of a bed I will usually end up on the diagonal
Old 07-19-2017, 03:53 PM   #6
Johnny's Journey

Okay, as it turns out (and thanks for bringing this up) the mattress in my 202QBWE is 60" x 74" (can walk around all 3 sides with 16" between side wall's and bathroom wall at foot of bed so 80" would be out of the question). Here's a link to complicate things even further. https://www.mattressinsider.com/repl...-mattress.html
Old 07-20-2017, 05:16 AM   #7
SCGatl

Hi Johnny - I had seen that source too, and after reading as many posts on this forum, will likely end ordering an 8" version of this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2GR2IFME0Y1HB

I only have one side open at the door end, so need to go verify this will fit before ordering.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:45 AM   #8
Johnny's Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGatl View Post
I only have one side open at the door end, so need to go verify this will fit before ordering.
I'm familiar with what you have. Almost got nearly the same unit as your's but with the full rear dinette. However I had a serious talk with myself because I traded in a unit because it didn't do well for our needs as for getting around inside. I wasn't about to do another trade in 2 more years and get hit with more negative equity. Enjoy the new mattress.

Tags
mattress