Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #21
jmart273

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
What I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet re the shower head, it most likely has a water restrictor in it. It's a round thing the size of a dime or so with one to several little holes in it depending on the make, usually right at the connection where you screw it onto the hose. Or maybe you're just expecting a home shower experience. You won't get it in the camper. You can drill out the holes in the restrictor or completely remove it. It will make a big difference in water flow. Or like a lot of us you can replace the shower head. One other thing I will do because I'm too cheap to buy a "good" pressure regulator, is to fill the water tank and use the pump for showering. I have always found I get better water pressure from the shower with the pump than on city water with the cheap pressure regulator. Doesn't cost anything.
Canes fan, this is some good advice. I will definitely try this. I also have noticed that I get much better water pressure with the water pump. I do not want to buy another shower nozzle if I don't have to. I will look at that flow restrictor and opening it up slightly or removing it altogether.

When I disconnect the hose it appears that the water pressure is adequate, but the nozzle is not clogged.

When I purchased my RV everyone said I must have a pressure regulator, so I bought and installed one. I am also running an inline filter, which I'm sure restricts flow even more. Is the regulator overkill? The entire RV is piped with PEX tubing, which is quality stuff from what I understand. I am not concerned about water usage if I am connected to city water.
jmart273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:07 PM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

I use my water filter everywhere and my pressure regulator when required. I don't use any scientific method. I can tell 100 psi water from 40 psi. If I have adequate water flow but not too high I don't use the regulator. We don't use it here at this park but the city water pressure is only about 40-45 psi. The PEX is good stuff but I'm not sure about the connections they use on RV tubing. They definitely aren't the same as was used on our house in the mountains when we had it completely re-plumbed and make me cautious about running very high pressures.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #23
Cougar29FKS

If it was me I would absolutely use a regulator. The pressure differs from place to place and the connections are not the same as in a house. I wouldn't risk it anyway.

Also another vote for Oxygenics shower head. I have tried several and this is by far the best. One annoyance is that it continues to drip after shutting it off at the head while showering. I called support and asked about it and they said it was normal. I purchased a cheap shutoff valve off of Amazon and use that between the hose and the head. Works great now.
Cougar29FKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:06 PM   #24
Jens Weber

Android app Development Antenna is a good help to locate where the antennas are located so you can point your Batwing in the right direction

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
2022 Passport 189 RB
2014 Ford F150 XLT
Jens Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:09 PM   #25
Jens Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Weber View Post
Android app Development Antenna is a good help to locate where the antennas are located so you can point your Batwing in the right direction

Should be DTV Antenna (stupid auto correct)

2022 Passport 189 RB
2014 Ford F150 XLT
Jens Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:53 PM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar29FKS View Post
If it was me I would absolutely use a regulator. The pressure differs from place to place and the connections are not the same as in a house. I wouldn't risk it anyway.

Also another vote for Oxygenics shower head. I have tried several and this is by far the best. One annoyance is that it continues to drip after shutting it off at the head while showering. I called support and asked about it and they said it was normal. I purchased a cheap shutoff valve off of Amazon and use that between the hose and the head. Works great now.
I quit using a regulator "all" the time after encountering a couple of situations where adding it in line cut the water pressure to a point it was unusable in the shower. Didn't think it would do that but it does (I've went thru 3).
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:33 AM   #27
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzcop63 View Post
1. Heating with the furnace brings in a lot of moisture, venting can help if you are not dealing with real low temperatures. A better way is to use electric heat, which is drying and pulls moisture out of the air. Dehumidifiers can also be used to pull some of the water out of the air. Using a combination of furnace and an electric heater can work, keep in mind that freezing temperatures will require the furnace to be run to heat the basement and its tanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
Call me old school and because I read to many OSP reports nearly every fall about troopers finding people who had been sleeping in closed up RVs and did not get fresh air and had furnace venting problems. I have a window cracked open somewhere in any RV I sleep in and a vent open part or full. Yeah I use more propane and would change if I full timed. At the coast or in the valley I do not have inside moisture problem's.
I don't believe gas furnace places moisture in the air, yes, burning propane results in moisture, BUT the combustion chamber in the furnace is sealed!! The combustion uses OUTSIDE air and it exhausts to the outside. Inside the trailer the same air is recirculated over the furnace heat exchanger and picks up heat NOT moisture.
The moisture comes from bodies in the trailer, venting is the way to prevent condensation. Even in cold weather you need to vent the moisture.

ON EDIT: I might also add that we now in the winter run our furnace while on the road! We set the t-stat at about 60 degrees, typlical drive to the coast is about two to two and a half hours, when we arrive the trailer is warm, and because we always have a couple vents open (Vent Covers are your friend) a lot of the "dampness" is also out by then.
I will also add that our last month on the coast we only used electric heat. I had installed the RV Comfort Systems "Cheap Heat" add-on system to our 30,000 BTU furnace. It worked GREAT!
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote