Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2020, 05:28 AM   #21
ChuckS

Keystone has some short comings .. Alpine and Montana are their best.. check out a Jayco, GD, Forest River and others.. you’ll see complaints and raves about those lines as well..

And a $400K Phaeton Class A has its short comings too..

They have short comings as well... I’ve owned RVs since 1976 and over the years they all have issues.. just like a house...

My 2014 Alpine bathroom faucet is fine for the short time it’s used..to wet my tooth brush...

Haven’t seen a reason to replace it..

Now the OEM kitchen sink faucet was less than stellar and was replaced with a nice a Moen from HD..

All in all the Alpine has served us well for the last seven years and It will continue to do so.. if something breaks or fails I’ll repair or replace rather then waste time posting...

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:03 AM   #22
purebred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Keystone has some short comings .. Alpine and Montana are their best.. check out a Jayco, GD, Forest River and others.. you’ll see complaints and raves about those lines as well..

And a $400K Phaeton Class A has its short comings too..

They have short comings as well... I’ve owned RVs since 1976 and over the years they all have issues.. just like a house...

My 2014 Alpine bathroom faucet is fine for the short time it’s used..to wet my tooth brush...

Haven’t seen a reason to replace it..

Now the OEM kitchen sink faucet was less than stellar and was replaced with a nice a Moen from HD..

All in all the Alpine has served us well for the last seven years and It will continue to do so.. if something breaks or fails I’ll repair or replace rather then waste time posting...
And that's good for you Sir. When the time to comes I will too. Until then I will post it as I see it. After all isn't that what this forum is for? At least I see you read the posts. Good for you.
purebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:18 AM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

The faucets in most campers are junk. I thought when we bought this one the "tall kitchen faucet" was the "cat's meow" but it's just plastic junk to. The bathroom sink faucet is too low for my big mitts and every time I wash my hands they are laying in the bottom of the sink to get them under the water coming out of the spigot. I hate that.

I hate that so much that I bought a new bathroom faucet and a new kitchen faucet with a pull out sprayer. They are very similar to the one's in the house. I got them on sale somewhere on line. I tend to peruse the web sites during the winter time to find discounted items that I'm looking for. Anyway, that was a few years ago and they are still setting in the boxes. Seems like the last few neck surgeries were in the early spring and I didn't feel like pushing the issue to tru to get my fat you know what under the sinks. One day, I'll "get around to it".
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:38 AM   #24
purebred

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
The faucets in most campers are junk. I thought when we bought this one the "tall kitchen faucet" was the "cat's meow" but it's just plastic junk to. The bathroom sink faucet is too low for my big mitts and every time I wash my hands they are laying in the bottom of the sink to get them under the water coming out of the spigot. I hate that.

I hate that so much that I bought a new bathroom faucet and a new kitchen faucet with a pull out sprayer. They are very similar to the one's in the house. I got them on sale somewhere on line. I tend to peruse the web sites during the winter time to find discounted items that I'm looking for. Anyway, that was a few years ago and they are still setting in the boxes. Seems like the last few neck surgeries were in the early spring and I didn't feel like pushing the issue to tru to get my fat you know what under the sinks. One day, I'll "get around to it".
Exactly where I'm at Sir. We live fulltime in our alpine so in the meantime I am at the bandaid type repair situations when it comes to fixing problems. I didn't think I would stir up such negative feelings on here about my problems with a faucet. I asked if others have seen them and some have. The problem started way after the pdi. Even using a filter and water softener. I don't have the luxury of buying new rvs when the time comes. Some have been used. I have had to fix and replace as needed my entire life. When I make an observation about things that don't make sense to me on trailers, vehicles or whatever I say something about it. Especially on a forum dedicated to it. If feathers are ruffled then I guess that's ok also.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
I was trying to make a point of faucets used in my trailer which happens to be a Keystone product. These faucets because of their design and cost are used in these trailers to save money like others have said. Like others have also said I can change them out if i want too. When a faucet is designed to not carry water to the sink correctly I and like others on this thread make a comment on it. I sure didn't need someone like you to tell me I should have seen it on a PDI!!! And if I can't bring it up on a Keystone forum where can I ? It's your comments about people's problems that warrant the snarky remarks made by others to people like you. I am not alone on here with this feeling. I have received a lot of messages from others who feel the same. Take it for what it's worth.

After this I won't comment on this subject. I will just say if you will re read your posts, say from about this time last year to now, it was the frameless windows, key tv, ceiling fan etc. that you keep complaining about problems with. In most threads you then get argumentative and snarky with anyone questioning what you say or how you say it.

Posting issues, good and bad is what we do here and the comments are welcomed. In that process folks are able to either help or be helped. My initial comments were precipitated by your title for this thread "Alpine faucet, another bad keystone design" which prompted my comment about the PDI. If it was a bad design you had to look at it when inspecting the trailer. If so, it was accepted and then a conscious decision made to deal with it later. All well and good but wouldn't seem to warrant a thread about the "bad design".

Being familiar with your past posts and comments I am not surprised that your response to me is what it is....like your previous ones to others that tried to help (might look up your conversation about window weep holes or others). As one poster pointed out, I would rather go out and fix the issue than sit and lament the situation with posts on a forum - but that's just me.
Hope you have a great remainder of the Thanksgiving holiday.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:04 AM   #26
purebred

Thanks but will move on now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
After this I won't comment on this subject. I will just say if you will re read your posts, say from about this time last year to now, it was the frameless windows, key tv, ceiling fan etc. that you keep complaining about problems with. In most threads you then get argumentative and snarky with anyone questioning what you say or how you say it.

Posting issues, good and bad is what we do here and the comments are welcomed. In that process folks are able to either help or be helped. My initial comments were precipitated by your title for this thread "Alpine faucet, another bad keystone design" which prompted my comment about the PDI. If it was a bad design you had to look at it when inspecting the trailer. If so, it was accepted and then a conscious decision made to deal with it later. All well and good but wouldn't seem to warrant a thread about the "bad design".

Being familiar with your past posts and comments I am not surprised that your response to me is what it is....like your previous ones to others that tried to help (might look up your conversation about window weep holes or others). As one poster pointed out, I would rather go out and fix the issue than sit and lament the situation with posts on a forum - but that's just me.
Hope you have a great remainder of the Thanksgiving holiday.
I merely try to point out problems I have had in a year with my trailer. I see these problems as either poor American workmanship or poorly designed products that Keystone uses in building them. I will prevent this from happening again by removing myself from your forum about Keystone products. If you can't say something negative without offending a few then it's just not worth the hassle. There is some on here that understand where I'm coming from and others that no matter what you say will be a matter for a negative response back whether it be, a should have caught it in the PDI, weight police, just fix it and get over it or whatever. Enough is enough. Good luck to all.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
I merely try to point out problems I have had in a year with my trailer. I see these problems as either poor American workmanship or poorly designed products that Keystone uses in building them. I will prevent this from happening again by removing myself from your forum about Keystone products. If you can't say something negative without offending a few then it's just not worth the hassle. There is some on here that understand where I'm coming from and others that no matter what you say will be a matter for a negative response back whether it be, a should have caught it in the PDI, weight police, just fix it and get over it or whatever. Enough is enough. Good luck to all.
No matter the "purpose of the post" it should remain "within the boundaries of the Community Rules"... I call your attention to the forum rules, particularly the community standard applying to Customer Disputes:

"Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community."

I'd urge you to take a look at the entire post concerning posting standards on this forum: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ork&page=rules

While it's completely appropriate to identify a problem and seek advice about "how to deal with it" or "how to fix it" it is NOT appropriate to "jab Keystone and all their shortcomings or disparities in thread after thread while seeking to "warn everyone of problems" while not seeking a means to improve your trailer, but only to complain about issues you've found with it......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:32 AM   #28
Floridatrekie

Perhaps....

Have you checked the seating of the faucet aerator?
Floridatrekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #29
Jamie & Nancy

I agree, crappy design. First thing I did when I bought my 2010 Alpine, was replace both bathroom and kitchen sinks with a taller spout and modern design. The sink in the bathroom is far too small as well, you can’t even wash your face without getting water all over the counter top, arg! Why don’t they get women to design everything inside an RV so it will be set up for all of these issues to be fixed!
Jamie & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #30
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Did you know that a special faucet wrench exists for those of use that are not suitably slender to do this type task. In fact, the faucet on my kitchen sink in the house has insufficient room to get my chubby little hands and arm up there to put the nut on to tighten. Google FAUCET WRENCH. Here is one on Amazon and it looks nothing like the one used to install my kitchen faucet but suspect they all have the same general conformation:

https://www.amazon.com/installer-mul...42324591&psc=1

This gizmo may allow you to install without physically squeezing into the cabinet.
Perfect! Never knew this existed. I’m same as you, and I have ordered one. Thanks for the info!!!!😎
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:05 PM   #31
crowbar

For the record, Purebread, I enjoyed your thread and agree with you. I don't have any solutions to your problem myself but I did benefit from what I read. Especially the tool suggestion from George which I've never heard of before. I think it's a good idea to be able to share your thoughts on here but it looks like that only depends on how important you think you are. Get back under the sink.

"He was bred in Kentucky, but he's just a crumb out here." - Curly Howard
crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:38 PM   #32
QCMan
Gone Traveling

You give somebody eleven eggs and they will complain it isn't a dozen. Some just want to complain, some complain and find a solution and some just realize nothing is perfect and tell you how they made it better. I prefer dealing with the latter and do my best to be that way even though sometimes I fail.
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:49 PM   #33
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I suspect you may be off on your premise for installing the faucet. The person that made the decision looked at a spreadsheet on his computer as he sat behind his desk and he moved the cursor over to the field that said COST. He saw bath sink & cost and the faucet in quesiton was installed in all these trailers.
I must admit having been hornswoggled this way myself. I have a utility laundry tub whose high-rise filler lost integrity. At Home Depot, I quaked to see how expensive the high-rise faucet sets were -- but two feet over, they had "bar sink" faucet sets at a 10th of the price that looked identical to me. It wasn't until I got it installed that I realized that the outlet was barely past the rear wall of the sink compared to the high-priced models, making it a chore to fill things like water cooler jugs or dog watering stations. I ended up plugging a flexible rubber hose onto the end.
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:05 AM   #34
Casemaker

Angry Per insufficient faucets

I have seen and read that Keystone has it's own employee testing camp ground. This is provided so employees of Keystone can camp in the products they produce each day and write up kudos and/or critiques. I have thought about this many times after purchasing my first KEYSTONE camping trailer a Premier 30RI. So many items on my purchase were poorly installed and have that cheesy appearance and feel. I had alot of issues with poor quality items and poorly installed items and features. So much that I would not purchase another Keystone product. I feel that the timeline of manufacturing is at fault as much as the buyer purchasing shoddy products for the sales force of RV dealers to lie about.
Casemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:54 AM   #35
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I must admit having been hornswoggled this way myself. I have a utility laundry tub whose high-rise filler lost integrity. At Home Depot, I quaked to see how expensive the high-rise faucet sets were -- but two feet over, they had "bar sink" faucet sets at a 10th of the price that looked identical to me. It wasn't until I got it installed that I realized that the outlet was barely past the rear wall of the sink compared to the high-priced models, making it a chore to fill things like water cooler jugs or dog watering stations. I ended up plugging a flexible rubber hose onto the end.
I don't see that as being "hornswoggled". To me, choosing a product solely based on price is on you. Using a bar sink faucet on a laundry tub is just a misuse of the product. Bar sinks are much smaller than a laundry tub therefore if the reach on the faucet was the same the water would fall outside of the bar sink. JMHO
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 05:32 PM   #36
jimborokz

Our bathroom faucet was not only kind of short but the levers squeaked and drove me crazy. They were so cheap that you couldn't disassemble them to lubricate. Changing them out was one of my first mods I did. Installation was not all that difficult and believe me I'm no gymnast. I bought this tool and it made things easier. I could unhook everything under the vanity by reaching up with one hand.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/SUPERIOR-...0f5263d60bbbef

I went for a higher quality but not over priced faucet set from Lowe's.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:16 PM   #37
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborokz View Post
Our bathroom faucet was not only kind of short but the levers squeaked and drove me crazy. They were so cheap that you couldn't disassemble them to lubricate. Changing them out was one of my first mods I did. Installation was not all that difficult and believe me I'm no gymnast. I bought this tool and it made things easier. I could unhook everything under the vanity by reaching up with one hand.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/SUPERIOR-...0f5263d60bbbef

I went for a higher quality but not over priced faucet set from Lowe's.
Well I go for old school simple that has worked for years.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Armour-L...7335/306704940
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:29 PM   #38
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Well I go for old school simple that has worked for years
I studied the Walmart wrench bit, and it looked like its design would require me to follow it around the pipe with my ratchet handle as I turned it, something the standard sink wrench does not require. Am I wrong?
Old 12-09-2020, 03:44 AM   #39
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I studied the Walmart wrench bit, and it looked like its design would require me to follow it around the pipe with my ratchet handle as I turned it, something the standard sink wrench does not require. Am I wrong?
Not really, you can if you have the room to but you can just lower it off the nut and reposition it like you would an open end wrench. Usually you only need to break things loose and then you can hand loosen it. Same goes for install. You hand tighten and then use the bit to snug it up.
I have both the socket and old school T handle and use them both depending on the situation but more often the socket.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:14 AM   #40
Rambo

I too don't like the extremely tight spaces under the sinks. In my bullet the basin wrench wouldn't fit under the kitchen sink, so I pulled the sink to change the faucet.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine, keystone