Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #1
John & Co

Satellite Connection for 232LHS

Hi, I'm looking to make the jump to satellite.

On my 2017 model, there is only one cable port leading into the body which is for regular cable.

I received some information from Keystone (telling me that it was "pre-wired" for satellite), but I'm not so sure.

Before I blow something up, can anyone tell me if all I have to do is:
Hook the satellite cable into the coach,
Connect the inside antenna-in cable to the satellite receiver,
Connect the receiver to the TV,
And turn off the amplifier?

Will this work?

Sorry if this is confusing...any help/comments is greatly appreciated!

John
ΣΧ UCF '78
John & Co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

If the coax is RG6 and there isn't any splitters between the "in" at the exterior and the sat receiver then yes it will work. No need to worry about blowing anything up, it will work or not work.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:22 AM   #3
John & Co

Thanks, Chuckster. It appears I'll have to take the camper in to be inspected, as I have no idea if I'm carrying RG6; and I'm guessing there is a splitter somewhere (I'm thinking there is one because besides the hookup in the living room there is also an exterior hook-up for an outside mounted TV). Thank you for your 25+ !
ΣΧ UCF '78
John & Co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:55 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

If there is only the one "in" then that coax usually goes to the booster. There will be 2 coax lines (on the back side), one for the inside and one for the outside TV.

From your description, it sounds like the coax "in" from the exterior screws into a port next to the booster (the plate with the light). If that's the case then I would bet your ready. The coax should have printing on it identifying it as either RG6 or RG59. If there isn't enough slack at the TV end, then check the other end.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite