Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #21
tdawg

If you ever pass through Iowa stop at Pammel State Park 30 mi. sw of Des Moines. we are the campground hosts there.
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #22
davidjsimons

De winterizing and about to kick off my season in just less than two weeks. This will be my first full season of camping. I purchased my TT in early November, but did manage to squeeze in three trips before the end of the season, one of which was 2200 mile trip to Key West. I have planned trips all the way through Labor Day so far. This will be a totally new experience this year. I'm sure that I'll catch on fairly quickly. I bought the TT with my son in mind. I carried him twice, along with my wife, in my fathers old Layton. Each time that we went, he talked non stop about how much he liked going. He will turn five soon and already knows how to operated the stabilizers, hook up the sewage line, tv and electric. This should be a fun year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #23
Kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Tentative plans will involve a 2200 mile trip to Texas which will take us through 8 states (WA, ID, UT, WY, CO, KA, OK, and TX) on the way there and 4 states on the way home (NM, AZ, CA and OR).".
If you head down I-35 from okc to Texas you might like the Chickasaw nation cultural center near sulphur ok. It's a pretty neat place http://www.chickasawculturalcenter.com/

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #24
davidjsimons

Leaving this weekend for my fourth trip so far this season. The destination is Hyko Lake in Roxboro, N.C. So far, my rookie season has gotten off to a good start. When can I remove the yellow stripe from my rear bumper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #25
Festus2
Site Team

Kristi -
We had to abandon our trip to Texas and only got as far as southern Utah. Far too many mishaps and misfortunes enroute - terrible weather not only along the way but also in areas where we were heading -- Wyoming for example. The "crappy" weather was actually the best part of our trip!!

If we ever venture that way again, we will keep your suggestion in mind.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #26
clif12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
If you ever pass through Iowa stop at Pammel State Park 30 mi. sw of Des Moines. we are the campground hosts there.
Hi-We were just looking at this campground. Are the campsites reservable? We are looking for somewhere to go the weekend after the 4th.
clif12345 is offline   Reply With Quote