Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
rick5539

Post Noisy Bedroom A/C

I have a 2013 Alpine 3555RL with a bedroom A/C that vibrates the ceiling and walls when the compressor comes on. Does anybody else have the same problem. Th A/C seems noisy even on the low fan speed. Not sure if they did'nt cut the opening large enough or is the mounting not correct.
rick5539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
Ruffus

Lightbulb noise

That's the price you pay for luxary, there not made for quite. You might have to do what others do and that is only run it during the hottest part of the day then turn the other one on, I'm sure it's ducted and leave the fan on low during the night, it works for us and it's not as noisey.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
smiller

RV air conditioners tend to be noisy and roof-mounting can be subject to setting up the kind of resonances you describe. Annoying, but there's not much to be done about it. In our case we don't use the bedroom A/C at night, rather just run the living area unit. This is relatively quiet in the BR and keeps us plenty cool.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
heli190

Alpine 3600

We just took delivery of our Alpine 3600. The first thing I noticed was how noisy the two A/c were. Keystone calls it whisper air. I'm not sure their talking about the a/c. Both A/c are ducted. The problem is the main A/c is only ducted into the living area and the bedroom A/C is only ducted into the bedroom. It's going to be real noisy trying to sleep on a hot night.The main A/C is louder than the through the ceiling A/C in our Montana.
heli190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
mikell

I only have the heat pump in the living room and it's a bit loud but keeps the place real cool. Try puting thr fan on manual MED and leave the BR one off
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote