Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Thumbs up Product Review - Remote TV Transmitter

Problem - Have satellite TV in RV living room. Really don't want to bring 2 receivers. 2 TVs watching same channel is OK by me.

In a previous setup, I cannibalized the RV's park cable wiring inside the walls and ran the "Out to TV" RG6 from the satellite receiver back into the wall and then could watch satellite on any TV connected to the system using the "channel 4" thing.

DirecTV receivers have not had a RG6 style "out to TV" in a number of years. The only output on a DirecTV receiver are composite/component/HDMI... None of these are ideal for running the long distance between our 330RE floor plan's rear entertainment center and the front bedroom.

Solution - I started to do some googling and ran across some commercial grade stuff to wirelessly transmit HD signals to one or more receivers. Primarily designed for office conference rooms with overhead units... and large speaker hall type places for presentations... Big $$$

Did run across a few consumer grade stuff though... Decided to give one a shot.

The Nyrius NAVS500

http://www.nyrius.com/products/display.php?id=114

This thing works great! Simple to setup too...

Plug an HDMI cable to the sat receiver's "out" and connect the other end of that cable to a small transmitter. Plug transmitter power cube to wall.

Plug another HDMI cable into the destination TV "input" port.. Other end to the small receiver box. It has a juice cube as well....

DONE... It just works. No detectable latency either... Great pic and sound. Was nice to have it this week at the lake.

Highly recommended if you want a quick, easy, no wiring way to watch any HDMI (blue ray, DVD, sat receiver, game console) source on a second TV.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Oooh. Almost forgot one important point. It also retransmits the device remote. So I can lie in bed in the bedroom and change the channel I'm watching in the bedroom - on the living room sat receiver.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote