Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
chuck5180

Good day

Just finshing the purchase of Cougar 327 RES, will pu in a couple weeks, any thoughts on any extra equip needs. I have been away from rv's for quite awhile. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks Chuck.
chuck5180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Ron

Hi Chuck, you will love the 327, we just sold ours and traded for a montana. What we added was a cabinet that we had made to match existing and install above the toilet for more linen storage. Also we added the slide toppers, we sure like to keep the top of the slides clean. Other than that, was a great trailer.....Happy Campin............Ron

Oh ya also added a towel rack that goes over the door and just screws to the top and installed sticky foam to back so it didn't scratch the door.and also in the kitchen over the doors for tea towels.
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
MILBY

We've had our 327 for a year now and love it. we put two more drawers in the cabinet by the sink and some other little things, you will like
Old 02-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
JoeofNSB

Welcome Chuck, congrats on the return to RV'ing and I hope you have many wonder times.

Joe & Terri
2005 Raptor 3612DS ToyHauler "the Pearl"
2001 Ford F550 4X4 (or is that 4X6!!) 7.3L Crew Cab - "Jack Sparrow"
2010 Victory CrossCountry
2012 Bushtec Spartan trailer (behind Victory)
2006 Suzuki DR650
Trek EX8 Mountain Bike
Trek 7100 Hybrid
48" Penny Farthing Bike
Haro Sonix International Mountain Bike
Haro Sanford Road Bike with a B.O.B Trailer
JoeofNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILBY View Post
We've had our 327 for a year now and love it. we put two more drawers in the cabinet by the sink and some other little things, you will like
Chuck, we too have the 327res. We love it.
Make the dealer install you a waterpump bypass type system for winterizing. That was my major design flaw. The water pump is in the middle of the camper behind a panel, I had to crawl inside the basement to remove the panel and hook up piping to the pump in order for the pink antifreeze to get into my water system. I have now fixed that issue. you can see photos on my webshots. BUT if you can make the dealer do it for you. Other than adding 2 towel racks in the bathroom we haven't done other mods. I have added some pictures here and there. the wife is looking for a wall sticky for over the kitchen slide(saw that on here too)
Milby, how did you do the extra drawers beside stove cabinet????
I like the idea of a extra cabinet over the toilet too...
Have fun and enjoy.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
MILBY

The cabinet to the right of the sink with the drawers in it already has that extra space under them. We ordered two more matching drawers from our dealer and installed them under the exsisting two. My wife likes drawers now she has space for extra cooking things and pot holders towels etc.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILBY View Post
The cabinet to the right of the sink with the drawers in it already has that extra space under them. We ordered two more matching drawers from our dealer and installed them under the exsisting two. My wife likes drawers now she has space for extra cooking things and pot holders towels etc.
Thanks
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote